I did a quaick search but didnt come up with much. Iv been an avid car guy for a while now. Turbo hondas and my 350z are the current rides aside from my ram. I know those kinds of cars like the back of my hand but im in the dark with my ram. Its a 1998 dodge ram sport. I drive it every day with the occasional offraoding. For that reason im going mostly for looks but it has to still be able to hold its own in the woods. Sorry if these questions have been beat to death before, I have my flame suite on. well heres goes.
1) whats the biggest size tire i can go with before i need to worry about gears?
2) I bought the truck with a rubber thing in the front springs. Kid says it was to level it off. When i buy a lift kit should i remove it or leave it on there to keep it all level ?
3) Iv done all the suspenion on all my cars. Obviously its a lot different going up than it is down. Iv done all the struts and springs and adjustable front and rear controll arms with no problems. Will I be able to install a lift myself ??? It seems to be the same as what i have done before but just want to know.
4) How do i decide what kind of tires I want ? Is there somthing to look for ? I want that really aggresive look but the tires have to be able to last a long time on the streets since thats most of my driving.
5) Im looking at a top gun customs lift kit. What do you think of this kit ? If I get this kit and want to go higher in the future can I just add onto it or will I have to replace it ?
If anyone has a pictures of a ram with a 5 inch lift kit and 35's that would be greatly appreciated so i can get a general idea.