DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44391 This is a thread I posted a while back that might be useful to you although I'm not aware of any current flashes for your truck.
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2009, 05:17 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:35
HEMI5150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remerson228 View Post
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44391 This is a thread I posted a while back that might be useful to you although I'm not aware of any current flashes for your truck.
Thanks a big bunch remerson,
i actually found this very same thread yesterday when i was doing some tranny search`s
I sure wish you lived closer, i`d let you drive this truck and see what ya thought. It`ll drive me NUTT`S until i know exactly what is makin the noise and why. Call me anal, but when i was working in dealerships over the past 30+ years, and like you, my work was always genuine and i never gave up until i found the reason as well as the cause. Your ideas and help are VERY genuine bro, not many out there like us... i VERY much appreciate it

You might be able to bullshit your way to the top, BUT, it wont keep you there

Never believe what you hear, and only half of what you see
Old 12-27-2009, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I'll keep an eye out for any bullitens or cases that resemble what you're talking about and if I see anything, I'll be sure to post it.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:145
sowardcustoms will become famous soon enoughsowardcustoms will become famous soon enough

I have the same problem and I work at a Dodge dealership where trying to figure it out let you know when we find something...
Old 01-09-2010, 08:54 PM

Default $40,000.00 mistake...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowardcustoms View Post
I have the same problem and I work at a Dodge dealership where trying to figure it out let you know when we find something...
Thanks dude...!
Let me know the instant you find anything, PLEASE email me...!
Hopefully we might have the same issue... i`d really like to get this nailed down soon

New Issue`s Now...!
Last night when i went out to my truck after work to go home, i could hear something at the left front side of the engine just rattling like crazy... sounded like a pulley or bearing of some sort was about ready to fly off. I`ve never had issues owning dodge for the last 30+ years, but i surely would dought i`d buy another dodge vehicle after the problems THIS truck keeps coming up with.

Another issue i`ve had come up is, the resonator on the back end of the exhaust is just drivin me crazyyyyyyy... is there anything that can be done about the exhaust rattling...? I just find it very ennoying when driving 40mph thru the small towns i live around, just to be buried by the sound of loud droaning noise and rattling. If this is the best dodge can do for a 40,000.00 dollar truck, it WILL be my very last dodge product...PERIOD

Oh yes, one more problem to add to the pile...
my remote start is acting up now....go figure...!!!!!
Sometimes it will not start with the remote...that sucks in this cold weather...!

Old 01-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Blue Streak Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:120
HoustonHemi will become famous soon enoughHoustonHemi will become famous soon enough

FWIW, I'm chasing down a vibration-rattle that I first thought was muffler/resonator related.

Sounds like it's coming from center 'back of cab/front of bed'

Come on strongly at 37-38 mph in MDS mode, with a little 'load' placed on the motor. Obnoxious as heck! Heat Shield?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Rep:51
HemiCrew will become famous soon enough

My 2009 Crew Cab sounds like a tractor when my MDS comes on. I have always tried to be a smooth driver so consequently my MDS comes on a lot. HEMI5150 says it sounds like an AC compressor kicking on and off. Regardless it's somewhat annoying. I also agree with him that there does seem to be a dead spot relative to power when the MDS comes on and that is to be expected however that was not the case with either my 2006 Quad Cab or 2007 Charger R/T. Neither one of them transitioned like that. You had to be paying close attention to notice the transition in either of those vehicles. Not sure what to do about it other than live with it. Any suggestions are welcomed.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Blue Streak Pearl
Rep:120
HoustonHemi will become famous soon enoughHoustonHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHemi View Post
FWIW, I'm chasing down a vibration-rattle that I first thought was muffler/resonator related.

Sounds like it's coming from center 'back of cab/front of bed'

Come on strongly at 37-38 mph in MDS mode, with a little 'load' placed on the motor. Obnoxious as heck! Heat Shield?
Latest update: In my case, there are 2 'rubber-like' (polyurethane?) exhaust hangers just before the muffler at the cab/bed junction. They are about 8 inches apart, and each is offset individually from the centerline of the exhaust. I was able to thump on the exhaust pipe 'just right' and get a noise similar to what I'm hearing. I took the forward 'rubber' off, went for a test ride, and about 95% of the noise at 37-38 mph disappeared. The support rod that the 'rubber' is attached to was polished shiny from movement/vibration. I'm assuming one hanger 'rubber' was doing most of the supporting, and the other was semi loose, slapping back and forth between 'push and pull',,,

I slightly bent the support rods and put both 'rubbers' back on tonite.

Can't say right now that it is 'fixed', or that it has anything to do with any of the other issues/noises listed in this thread.

All I know is it's hard to explain a particular noise online, and even harder to find the source!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiezl Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Sorry to hear you guys are having so many issues with your 2010. So far I guess I've been lucky and not had any of the issues you guys describe. Hope you get them fixed soon.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHemi View Post
Latest update: In my case, there are 2 'rubber-like' (polyurethane?) exhaust hangers just before the muffler at the cab/bed junction. They are about 8 inches apart, and each is offset individually from the centerline of the exhaust. I was able to thump on the exhaust pipe 'just right' and get a noise similar to what I'm hearing. I took the forward 'rubber' off, went for a test ride, and about 95% of the noise at 37-38 mph disappeared. The support rod that the 'rubber' is attached to was polished shiny from movement/vibration. I'm assuming one hanger 'rubber' was doing most of the supporting, and the other was semi loose, slapping back and forth between 'push and pull',,,

I slightly bent the support rods and put both 'rubbers' back on tonite.

Can't say right now that it is 'fixed', or that it has anything to do with any of the other issues/noises listed in this thread.

All I know is it's hard to explain a particular noise online, and even harder to find the source!
HoustonHemi, i think you`re onto something...
i`m gonna try a few things like that and see if it makes any difference

Nowwwww i just recently noticed, on cold start idling, i hear ALOT of knocking rattling from the outside of the truck... i would have to say it sounds like left side firewall area... just a guess that its coming from the exhaust system. I think i`m just about ready to dump the stock exhaust and install long tube headers an muffler`s, tail pipes, and be done with this piece of sh_t stock exhaust. I just cant take anymore of the exhaust issues this truck seems to have. With installing aftermarket exhaust, at least it will be louder and i wont have to listen to rattles anymore....lol