DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:35
HEMI5150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamateo76 View Post
Sorry to hear you guys are having so many issues with your 2010. So far I guess I've been lucky and not had any of the issues you guys describe. Hope you get them fixed soon.
Do you have the factory dual`s on your truck...?...regular cab...?
Also, i think it might have something to do with regular cab shortbed trucks, as these are the only people that seem to be complaining

You might be able to bullshit your way to the top, BUT, it wont keep you there

Never believe what you hear, and only half of what you see
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

My truck is the crew cab laramie with the dual exhaust.

.[/I]

Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 09 Ram 1500 Reg Cab SB
Trim Level: SLT w/5.7 and 3.92
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:112
HoustonHemi will become famous soon enoughHoustonHemi will become famous soon enough

Well, I got the exhaust rattling noise to (temporarily) go away by 'playing' with the exhaust hanger rods and bushings,,, but,,, after 500+ miles, the noise is slowly coming back.

Next step is perhaps a 'softer' rubber bushing, (Good luck finding one of those!) or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, somehow attempting to deaden the resonance of the frame tube.

In my case, I believe the actual 'noise' is not the bushing itself rattling, but the resonance in the box frame caused by the vibration of the hanger rod that is welded to it.

IMHO, the bushing provides the 'hammering' motion, but the actual noise, a side product of the hammering motion, is the frame itself.

Just a theory, but I have a few 'wild ideas' in regards to eliminating the resonance. Resonance involves vibration, just got to dampen or eliminate the vibration of the item making the soundto eliminate the noise,,, (I hope!)

I'll never get the exhaust to quit vibrating, so, I'll concentrate on the resonance of the frame

The truck is going back in for some minor warranty work, (Chrome coming off cap on shifter)

I have always had horrible luck with Dealers chasing down noises,,, I've taken the service rep for a ride, had him listen to and admit there was a noise, yet after leaving the truck with Dodge to be fixed had him turn around and say it wouldn't make the noise when he was riding with the tech,,, So, nothing has been corrected. Heck, I'm the one who actually found the 'approximate location and probable cause' of the issue,,, I wonder if Dodge can correct it, or if I'm better off just to do it myself?
Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram quad cab
Trim Level: crome
Color: infernal red crystal pearl
Rep:10
bigred is on a distinguished road

why not just tune the msd off and let the engine just run on all 8 to see what happens anyone try this anyone have any problems on the 3.21 axel thonking of changeing to 4.10 dealer never told me that was on it and cant see threw the tinted windows so boy they got me screwed on that deal a 2010 with a 3.21 come on I dont tow baby fishing boats will this is it for now!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHemi View Post
Well, I got the exhaust rattling noise to (temporarily) go away by 'playing' with the exhaust hanger rods and bushings,,, but,,, after 500+ miles, the noise is slowly coming back.

Next step is perhaps a 'softer' rubber bushing, (Good luck finding one of those!) or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, somehow attempting to deaden the resonance of the frame tube.

In my case, I believe the actual 'noise' is not the bushing itself rattling, but the resonance in the box frame caused by the vibration of the hanger rod that is welded to it.

IMHO, the bushing provides the 'hammering' motion, but the actual noise, a side product of the hammering motion, is the frame itself.

Just a theory, but I have a few 'wild ideas' in regards to eliminating the resonance. Resonance involves vibration, just got to dampen or eliminate the vibration of the item making the soundto eliminate the noise,,, (I hope!)

I'll never get the exhaust to quit vibrating, so, I'll concentrate on the resonance of the frame

The truck is going back in for some minor warranty work, (Chrome coming off cap on shifter)

I have always had horrible luck with Dealers chasing down noises,,, I've taken the service rep for a ride, had him listen to and admit there was a noise, yet after leaving the truck with Dodge to be fixed had him turn around and say it wouldn't make the noise when he was riding with the tech,,, So, nothing has been corrected. Heck, I'm the one who actually found the 'approximate location and probable cause' of the issue,,, I wonder if Dodge can correct it, or if I'm better off just to do it myself?
Just curious - Which dealer are you dealing with?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

As long as you are under warranty let them do the work. If they don't solve your problem either go to another dealer or call chrysler and complain. Maybe after enough phone calls they will get off their asses and figure it out.

.[/I]

Old 01-20-2010, 08:51 PM

HoustonHemi will become famous soon enoughHoustonHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
Just curious - Which dealer are you dealing with?
I have had the Dodge in 1 time to Northwest. It is scheduled to go back in again soon.

I have had other noise related issues with a prior truck back in Austin. It took 3 trips to Henna to finally correct the noise.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred View Post
why not just tune the msd off and let the engine just run on all 8 to see what happens anyone try this anyone have any problems on the 3.21 axel thonking of changeing to 4.10 dealer never told me that was on it and cant see threw the tinted windows so boy they got me screwed on that deal a 2010 with a 3.21 come on I dont tow baby fishing boats will this is it for now!
There is no noise when I'm not in MDS, so I'm sure 'disabling' the MDS would eliminate the noise,,, However,,, MSD was one of the reasons I wanted the Dodge. (GM had MDS, kind of suprised Ford and Toyota (5.7) don't)

I like driving a truck, but I simply don't fit in an 'econo-truck', so a full sized truck is my preference,, Up until the operating costs get 'excessive'.

In my honest opinion, $3-4+ a gallon gas is just 'around the corner',,, (getting kinda close to $3 for 89 as it is right now!) As I tend to keep my vehicles for a loooooooong time, and for the type of driving I do, the MDS system should prove to be a benefit to me in the long run.

Lots of folks indicate they don't care about mileage,,,, Once it costs 'a cool Ben' for every tankfull, some may no longer feel that way.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamateo76 View Post
As long as you are under warranty let them do the work. If they don't solve your problem either go to another dealer or call chrysler and complain. Maybe after enough phone calls they will get off their asses and figure it out.
I hear ya on taking it back,,, I plan to give them a couple chances, but it's a PITA to drop off and pick up time after time after time. I work out of state a lot, and Monday-Friday are sometimes 'out of the question' in regards to bringing it in and dropping it off,,

Hopefully, now that I've at least located the source, maybe they can do something about it.

Again, it's not a HUGE, life-threatening deal, but why can't it be RIGHT!?!?!??!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:145
sowardcustoms will become famous soon enoughsowardcustoms will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHemi View Post
I hear ya on taking it back,,, I plan to give them a couple chances, but it's a PITA to drop off and pick up time after time after time. I work out of state a lot, and Monday-Friday are sometimes 'out of the question' in regards to bringing it in and dropping it off,,

Hopefully, now that I've at least located the source, maybe they can do something about it.

Again, it's not a HUGE, life-threatening deal, but why can't it be RIGHT!?!?!??!
Houston I have the same truck you do with the same options that has to be the issue there's got to be more people out there with the same problem we have I'm going to drive a new truck tonight with the same options and see if its there....