DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Product Reviews

Notices

Product Reviews Have you found a great product, or a really bad one and you just need to tell someone about it! Post up a review for the benefit of all!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans1500 View Post
I'll wait until morning and get a video of it. This will be my first time uploading a video so I'm sure it will take me the better part of an hour.

EDIT: Nevermind...I googled "How to upload a video on google" so it should only take me the better part of a minute instead.
Awesome!
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2010, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 Addict View Post
I want to try it myself, but I know the fire department will show up at my place lol! Got to do it somewhere away from my town lol!

Lol I did it at night to make sure. Lots of trees also. Great for the environment I'm sure.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

All that smoke is the crud burning off your valves...we used to use ATF in carbureted motors to do the same thing. Poured it into the carb slowly - it would create massive clouds of white smoke. First time I did it someone called the local fire dept. By that time I was done and in the house, they never did figure out where the smoke came from!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:55 AM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereagle98 View Post
All that smoke is the crud burning off your valves...we used to use ATF in carbureted motors to do the same thing. Poured it into the carb slowly - it would create massive clouds of white smoke. First time I did it someone called the local fire dept. By that time I was done and in the house, they never did figure out where the smoke came from!
LOL! Got away with that one
Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Dang bud, I missed this thread.

I just seafoamed tonight

For anyone wondering, seafoam is intended as engine treatment and as a fuel additive. To run it through the engine, pour it in the throttle body, or find a vacuum line that goes into the intake. Ideally, you want the seafoam concentrate to be equally proportioned into your cylinder heads by mixing with the air that is going into the engine itself. On my 5.2 [engine warm] I remove the Airhat, pour the seafoam into the TB keeping the revs up to keep it from stalling until half the can is gone. I either kill the engine or shut it off. I pour the other half into the tank [16 oz treats 25 gallons, so 8oz treats my near-full tank of 12 gallons]. I wait 20 minutes and go out and start up the truck.

The crankcase treatment is legitimate. Add the seafoam within 1-2 days of an oil change. It removes sludge and moisture. Again, it can work so well that the sludge falls off and could get sucked into the recirculation. That is why you add it, drive around, and get your oil changed soon thereafter.

I will be posting a thread in a few minutes with my treatment video.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
RamGentry13 is on a distinguished road

used it on other vehicles, suppose i should bust it out for the ram too. works really well in my experience
Old 02-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:33
marineman is on a distinguished road

I have used it on all of my vehicles and it really works wonders calming down higher mileage engines (this truck is the first vehicle I've owned with under 100,000). I use it through the brake booster, in the gas tank and in the crank case. I was always nervous about the crank case so I would pour it in, let it run for 10-15 minutes then change the oil.

As an added benefit it works great for detecting exhaust leaks