DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mrsprinkler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABD26 View Post
I had fun reading the first few pages of this post. Whether you disable the post or not, I would not recommend admitting that you have disabled your chime on this post in the event that you die and the life insurance company determines that you were so cavalier in assuming the risk of driving without a belt to deny your family's claim.
Has nothing to do with anything...........If you get in a wreck and the seatbelt was on your covered. If you get in a wreck and the seatbelt was off your covered. The insurance company has the burden of proof to prove that you intenionaly did not wear your seat belt and then intenionaly drove your truck into something, etc. and planned on killing yourself.
If you house does not have smoke detectors and the gas line blows up, they can't deny the claim.........
I am not saying that it is a good idea to drive around town or on the highway without your seat belt on, but there are many reasons to not have it on and the bell to go off and not want to listen to it. I drive around job sites all day and get in and out of the truck sometimes 10 times in less than 5 minutes all while moving less than 3mph. I'm not going to put the seatbelt on for that.
For what its worth, I had the damn open door chime bypassed as well. You don't need that to tell you your door is open if your paying attention to what you are doing. Just like you don't need the seat belt noise to tell you your belt isn't on if you are paying attention to what you are doing.
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 5.7 Crew 4X4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Red
Rep:176
ABD26 has a spectacular aura aboutABD26 has a spectacular aura about

mrsprinkler,

For what it's worth, my chime is off too.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:222
BLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura about

Hell with it I'm taking a razor blade and cutting my seatbelts out and shooting the chime thing with my glock! Then I'm gonna drive it like i stole it!!!!

not really...i had a moment

"MPG???...I get Smiles Per Gallon!"
2010 RAM SPORT CC 4x4 Hemi
Diablo Tuner, Mufflex 14, Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks, 3.5 lift, 35 in mud tires
Old 05-11-2011, 02:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue/light sandstone
05 bee is on a distinguished road

Ive tried to disable it and no luck....... and its not in my owners man. what is the proper way????
Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Tree Magnet is on a distinguished road

I lost my owners manual and I tried both ways (have it buckled in the beginning or unbuckled), no luck
Old 05-18-2011, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram cc
Rep:171
ewb has a spectacular aura aboutewb has a spectacular aura about

I'v tried myself using the steps but mine will not cut off either. Whazzzup with that?
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:386
old hot rod is just really niceold hot rod is just really niceold hot rod is just really niceold hot rod is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to old hot rod

Thanks Ray,
Worked on mine !!!!
DiabloSport Catch Can (C-1040)
Old 06-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Old & glad of it.

Vehicle: 2006 RAM 3500; 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black 2 tone grey
Rep:48
rsg1963 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjobrien84 View Post
Don't you just love people who act all righteous and stuff when you post a question like this. They love to respond with "OMG why would you NOT want to wear it?" "You could die!!" "GOSH, you are like all stupid and all because I wear my seatbelt because the law told me to and you should be just like me...." WAH WAH WAH.

"wear the seatbelt" if you are a panty wetting liberal who feels everyone should wear their seatbelt because it will save the CHILLLLRENNNN. If it saves just one single wittle baby, then it would be worth it. After all, we should violate everyones constitutional rights and let the government tell us all how to live and what to do. In fact, the government should legislate everyone's personal freedom in order to protect us from ourselves. Even though our country was founded on personal freedom, which includes personal freedom FROM government. To be truly free means we even get to have the right to not have to wear a selt belt if we do not. The true freedom that our forefathers dreamed of and set up in this country includes the right to risk my own life if I want to. I should not have to wear my seatbelt just because some jerk thinks they should tell me how to live. It should be a choice I get to make. Our forefathers thought that personal responsibility and freedom was more important than legislating people into oblivian. Whenever someone says, "there ought to be a law", then believe me, there ought NOT to be a law. These stupid laws may make people feeeeeeel all good about themselves. But every one of these stupid laws is a piece of our freedom being taken away from us. It is way more than just having to put a seatbelt on.

Since when did our country become mob rule. Today, 51% of the people out there somehow get to tell the other 49% how to live. This is not what our forefathers intended. We are a republic, not a democracy. There is a big difference. Look it up.

So don't wear your seatbelt if you do not want to. If you want to wear it, than good for you. But do not feel like you need to tell others to do as you do.
Nerd Rage!

RAM Pickup: 2010 1500 Laramie Hemi: Magtec Rear Diff cover/AmsOil 75w-110 Syn, 24" Magnaflow, Resonator delete, Line-X; Bilstein shocks with leveling kit 2.75";305/60-20 GY Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grades; Lift Air Bag Suspension;
RAM Truck: 2006 3500 ST Cummins:Line-X; Leveling Kit 2" with Edelbrock shocks; Ultra Custom rims w/ 265/70-17 Goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade; Backup Camera/NAV/DVD video/Reese 24K 5th wheel hitch; RDS 51 Gal tank/toolbox; Banks:CAI, MonsterRam 3.5",Monster Exhaust;Pac Brake Prxb.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
bighorn10 is on a distinguished road

I love the posts on here from the HEROS blasting people who want to turn the alarm off. And then, some one makes a thread on here about street racing, and all they get is praise. I have a way bigger issue with someone racing on the street and endangering EVERYONE on the road. Not just them selves by not wearing a seat belt. And before anyone comes on here and says " i'm the one who has to scrape you off the road blah blah blah"... thats your job. Don't like it? Quit and go work somewhere else.

There are plenty of reasons to disable the alarm, and they have been stated on here. I don't need an alarm to "remind me". I got it. I would not mind if it shut off after a minute or so, but the damn thing just keeps going.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

I'm glad the OP asked the original question. I will be turning off my chime for driving on my property and hooking up my trailer. I'm an adult and know to buckle my seatbelt before I drive on the road. The chime doesn't help save my life it annoys me when a seatbelt truly isn't needed. What I could use is a chime that tells me whether or not my kids have put their seatbelts on. Now that would be useful.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!