DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge ram Crew cab
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:20
smarthead2006 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation What would you do?

Hey All,

As some of you know i have been having some issues with my 09 Ram.

I have Called Chrysler, told them about all the issues that i am having with my truck, they would talk to the dealer. They asked me if i would like to say this a lemon, told that with 13 issues i would say yes! Chrysler filed the report and said that the dealer would be calling me soon. Well the dealer did call and said to bring the truck in. ( real nice to me after Chrysler talked to them, they were *******s before when i told them about anything wrong with the truck!)

I took one of the tech on a test drive (Top Tech) well we want on a 15 miles test drive showed him each issue, i was not very happy on the way the tech treated me, he acted like i was making ever issues up!

Here are the Issues that i am having with my truck to get everyone up to date:

1. Was in TN Pulling a Trailer and get on a on-ramp and the Tanny started to slip and i mean slip bad( truck started to buck very bad and you could just feel it slipping) the last thing i was in that did that was my 95 ford crown vic when the tanny want out!! So i knew what that was right away when my truck did it. The truck did total of 5 times on the truck.

2. Truck Had water leak, in the Oh S#$ Handle, and from the Headliner, which i have to say that the dealer did not believe me, so i am glad that i had pic that i showed them!

3. Heater Fan in this truck was replace once already and now i can hear the High pitch noise again, which the dealer can not hear! I can hear it with the radio up. They said that they would check it out .... Yea that is not going to get fixed!

4. Esp/Bas Light is on, Truck seen snow and the light came on

5. Truck had the Rear rotors turned once already and needs it again

6. Key-less enterly not working sometimes, we all talked about this before , dealer say that they would look it to!

7. Dashboard Squeaks a lot when the defroster is on and the heat is on to melt the ice on the windows or just when it is on!

8. Steering is moaning very loudly when driving at slow speeds or when backing up a trailer

9. when my truck idles it's rough, not smooth it goes from 500-700 rpm up and down, now when the tanny started to gave issues the truck now seems like it is under a load when it idles. had the tech feel it, and he say that it is ok they all do it! Right well mr.tech that ford truck that i am renting so you people can work my truck, that truck idles smooth as anything... He Said " well that is a FORD and you have a DODGE" did not know what to say after that.

10. Asked them to reseal the Brake light just b/c ! They said that they will not unless it leaks !!!! That is very nice of them!

11. When using cruise ... you set your speed... get behind a slow you hit the brakes to slow down, you then have a chance to get around the slow person, you hit the resume button, well when you do this with my truck you will feel the truck missing and then BANG as the power is restored. Had the tech ride with me he felt this ( 2nd time i had this to the dealer for this) and said that there is something wrong.... well i think i know that

12. Truck has that TSB that we were talking about with the truck sitting on the lot to long. and the tires have the flat spot on them, dealer says that it will go away when the tires warm up. well told them that it does not. they said they can't do anything about it!

13. Tanny Whines very badly when in first gear... Very Loud! people look at me when then hear the truck driving in the wal-mart parking lot!

So, Now my truck sits at the dealer.. I call my Enterprise. and they gave me a 2010 F250 with the 6.4 diesel. this truck has nothin wrong with it ! it is nice to have a truck that does not have any issues! They told me that they are going to have my truck for 1-3 weeks to look over it.

I will Keep you all updated with this..... My truck is a 09 with 21,000 miles on it !

I hope that everyone else has better luck with their truck!

Last edited by smarthead2006; 01-09-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: do not worry
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 08 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST Reg Cab 4x4
Color: Metallic Gray
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:28
yotehtr is on a distinguished road

Hope they get that taken care of for you! I know the dealers can be a real pain. Seems like if its under warranty everything is always fine but as soon as it starts coming outta your pocket its a ligit complaint.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 09 Ram 5.7 Hemi 4x4, 3.55
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star,
Color: Lt. Graystone Prl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Bearwhiz is on a distinguished road

Stay on their ass and don't give up. Don't let em see you sweat or they will think you are going to give in.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram quad cab
Trim Level: slt/bighorn
Color: silver
Rep:43
will is on a distinguished road

I have a feeling you will not be purchasing a ram again. Just the same as i will not buy another silverado in the current design platform (gmt900)
Old 01-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge ram Crew cab
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:20
smarthead2006 is on a distinguished road

Yea i don't think i will buy a 2nd Dodge!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
erm

Do your research on Lemon Laws in PA. Understand what you, the consumer, are required to do in order not to lose out on your rights under those laws.

Then, start writing a letter to Chrysler Customer Service.

Clearly and concisely point out the problems. Attach copies of your service records. Provide info on your most recent visit. Express a concern that you don't feel safe driving the truck.

Then, request that your truck be returned for full credit of the purchase price and that a suitable, equivalent 2009 with the same equipment be located and transported to your local dealer for delivery.

Don't give up on Dodge...millions of them are out there that didn't have these problems. That's why there are Lemon Laws
Old 01-09-2010, 03:26 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

I haven't seen a single manufacturer out there produce the "perfect vehicle" . Every person has their own interpertation of how they feel that vehicle should perform and feel . Some people you just can't satisfy . They drive other makes and models and say this is the way it should be . I've worked for dealerships , bodyshops , independent garages and let me say trying to satisfy every customer is extremely tough . I've seen paint jobs turned out that looked absolutely flawless but that person is capable of going home and within two weeks in the right light (9:45pm with a cresent moon) find something wrong that the average person is not capable of seeing . Not every vehicle out there will ever be perfect . Theres some things that we all have to live with . So I'm sure if theres something that Chrysler can find there will be a repair made . Hopefully they'll make good on it .
Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Sorry to hear about your problems with your truck. I agree with Maddog in that you need to make sure you keep everything documented and start contacting Chrysler and letting them know of the problems and how the dealer is treating you.

.[/I]

Old 01-09-2010, 06:44 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: TRX, 25T pkg w 5.7 L
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Rep:22
Rogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Rogue
Default Their response is BS

First I feel very upset that you have to deal with a piece of crap that the dealer will not/cannot fix. That is just unacceptable, and you should take it to the next level--corporate. And dont take any BS from them, stay on their butt like one of Michael Vicks dogs! You represent every buyer out here that are buying their products in a very difficult economy, and if there ever was a time when the customer deserves the very best of customer support it is now!

I wish you the best with your uphill battle--stay strong and keep great records!
Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

I don't know how many Dodge dealers there are within close distance to you, but you might try taking it to another dealer and tell them the whole story. Dealers are very competitive (esp. since quite a few of them were 'downsized' recently) and a good one will jump at the chance to pick up the slack and stick it to their competition. After my warranty on my VW ran out, I started going to the Dodge dealer for service. I had to wait a little longer for parts, but they did a much better job of diagnosing and fixing things then the VW dealer ever did. Granted - here in Houston, we have a bit more to choose from than most other cities too.