DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - SIGS - Special Interest Groups > Public Safety

Notices

Public Safety Special Interest Group for Police/Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMS Personnel! - Click the badge to the right to request membership>>

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

View Poll Results: Which services does your department provide?
Firefighting only 23 16.43%
EMS only 23 16.43%
Firefighting and EMS 94 67.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RogerMedic71 is on a distinguished road

I'm a Firefighter/Paramedic. Our city has three fire districts that each run Paramedic Rescues. Two of the districts also run Paramedic Engine Companies. We run a four man Paramedic engine company and Rescue out of my station.
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram r/t
Trim Level: sport
Color: true blue
Rep:12
firefighter7 is on a distinguished road
Default Fire and EMS

the department i work for we have als trucks and bls engines.we also have a private ambulance service that provides ems for our county.the ems units are located in some of our fire houses
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: Blue
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
FiyerFiter is on a distinguished road

We do both medical and fire. Most departments down here require ff1 ff2 and medic just to apply. Mine used to take ff/EMT's but now just ff/medics
Old 03-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Snow White
Rep:160
Yo Nadz has a spectacular aura aboutYo Nadz has a spectacular aura about

My department is all FireFighter/Paramedics. You must have FF1, FF2, STL Fire Academy, Paramedic license, ACLS, PALS, and PHTLS to apply.

Small municipality with 75% residential 25% commercial that covers 9 square miles of a upper class community in St. Louis county. Most of the homes are over 4000 square feet, the biggest is 20000 square feet.

We have 2 engine houses, 3 ALS Rescue Pumpers, and 2 ALS Ambulances.

Most of STL county now requires at least Paramedic license, STL Fire Academy, and FF1 & FF2.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

I'm in New Jersey as a volunteer I spent 24 years in Hopatcong we had only Fire Service a Pumper, Rescue, and a Tanker, our ambulance was it's own entity. Made the switch Roxbury (Next town over) a year ago and we do Fire and EMS response (BLS) I am old school strictly Fire Fighter and Rig Driver, my Son is both Fire Fighter and EMT. Roxbury is a great place to be we have 3 different houses they all do both Fire and EMS.

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
MonsterEMT is on a distinguished road

My company is EMS only. We're BLS level providers and have a paramedic from another company who leases an office and bay space at our station. The medic runs as the first due ALS in our zones and several surrounding ones. I'm an Assistant Chief at our company, we have 3 BLS units and 2 QRS vehicles (one of them doubling as a non-emergency transport van).
Old 06-24-2013, 02:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Sport
Color: Blue Pearl
Rep:5
RekTek is an unknown quantity at this point

It makes sense to me to integrate ems into fire departments. When the paramedics in bc were deciding to strike I thought it was a terrible idea and risked their job security more than anything. The smart move is to drop paramedics in favour of firefighters trained as paramedics. They get there first anyways, let them do critical interventions and transport to hospital. Tax dollars saved.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Larmine
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Ramman1988 is on a distinguished road

Right now I'm just an emt hopping to get on a full time fire department
Old 07-02-2013, 10:53 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the day, mid 80's, when pre hospital treatment was still in it's infancy, we had two different private ambulance companies running in the city of Sacramento. Now, with every call, we'd always strike a box for an engine to respond and would always, (95% of the time) arrive before the wagon. I was fresh out of the Coast Guard as an EMT-P. The civilians had never heard of a P, they only had 1's and 2's. This was back in the day when the county handled all the EMS certs. Now days... oh crap, don't get me started on this new national registry gobbleygoop! Anyway, around 1998, an up and coming city, just south of Sacramento called Elk Grove, where I grew up, turned down a contract for the private ambulance company and starting running their own medical trucks from each house, they only had 2 at the time. Well, this idea caught on, so when the contracts for the private companies ended, we started running wagons from our houses too. Over flow still went to the private companies. Then, when the county finally got serious about EMS, we started running Engine/Paramedics since the engine usually still got to the scene first. I retired from Sac County Fire in 2006 and moved to Texas. And I can't believe how ass backwards they are out here. Some cities have it together, but most do not. OY!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
86SN2001 is on a distinguished road

My part-time public safety department was very innovative when I started there in 2006.

We ran a police-based ALS system. The police would respond as paramedics to medicals while the firefighters would respond in a BLS capacity with the ambulance. Our police-medics carried oxygen, a full bag of medical gear including narcs, and a full heart monitor. It was a great system. In the middle of the night when us fire guys would have to get up, get dressed, get to the station, map it out, wait for a crew, and the respond, the police were already on-scene providing ALS level care. Police-medics made 7% more than a regular RPO.

We are slowly moving away from the model...staffing and finding qualified people is very hard to manage. EMS is becoming completely fire based.

We currently run around 2K EMS runs a year and around 500 fire calls (ranging from a smell of gas to structure fires).

It's enough to keep me busy on my days off...

My full-time job I am a dispatcher for Hennepin EMS based out of Hennepin County Medical Center in downtown Minneapolis. 65,000-70,000 EMS runs a year. We just became the largest EMS service in the world to install Stryker's new Power Load system in all of our trucks. Very cool system. A lot of backs will be saved with this system.

Last edited by 86SN2001; 09-10-2013 at 08:09 PM.