DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > Dodge Ram Forum CANADA
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Black Sport Group
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
WUG is on a distinguished road
Default Canadian Vendors/Acessory websites?

Can anyone direct me to a few of the more popular / reasonably priced CDN vendor and accessory websites. I am looking for the following for my impending 15 Sport arrival.

1) Black Anodized Bedrails (mat finish not shiny), seen some that had slight chrome/brushed nickel highlights on each end that look awesome)
2) Hard Folding Tonneau (Bak VP, G2 or similar low profile tonneau that sits flush with the bed rail and allows for bedrail usage)
3) Possibly Bedrug down he road
4) Weathertech floor mats front and back for CC
5) Tailgate assist
6) Black Anodized Alum Mopar running boards 2011/12 as they do not utilize pinch weld mounts that can cause paint damage I have been told, need bolt on directly to frame
7) Possibly Black 4" Bull bar eventually
7.5) Want to tint taillights as well
8) CAI (easy install not one that requires me to cut up and mod to fit in)

Thank you very much (Say it like Elvis)
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2015, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RCSB 8sp/3.21 geared Ram
Trim Level: Sport lowered 4X4
Color: Flame Red
Rep:488
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

Your local Dealership is the best place to buy the bedrug .
They're cheaper then most places on bedrug pricing.
Local dealer should also have the Deezee tailgate assist for around 40 bucks .
Canadian Tire is the usually the best place to buy Magnaflow exhaust products.
They're Magnaflows biggest dealer in Canada,and if you find it online for cheaper Crappy Tire will match the price.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
Your local Dealership is the best place to buy the bedrug .
They're cheaper then most places on bedrug pricing.
Local dealer should also have the Deezee tailgate assist for around 40 bucks .
Canadian Tire is the usually the best place to buy Magnaflow exhaust products.
They're Magnaflows biggest dealer in Canada,and if you find it online for cheaper Crappy Tire will match the price.

thanks, but I haven't found my local dealers to be cheaper on anything, all the ads I seen for dealer installed tailgate assists were $199 - $299 and do not even offer the bedrug here. another wanted $700+ for the bedrug.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 AM

Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

Put the tailgate assist on yourself,should only take you a 1/2 hour,it comes with most of the tools needed for installation,you'll have to supply a couple wrenches,if you don't have the wrenches,get off your ass and go buy them.
I just bought one last week $42.00 with Alberta taxes
$462.00 for the bedrug through the dealer when i priced it out earlier this week,find a differant dealer if they want $700.00,or is that an installed price.

Don't be scared to ask your local dealership parts guy to go through Mopar's accessory end of things,things are usually a whole lot cheaper.
All dealers have access to the same parts,so the dealer that told you they couldn't get a bedrug,quit dealing with them,as they leave a bit to be desired
I don't think you've really gave your local dealer much of a chance,don't deal with them online,go in and deal with them face to face,and ask them to try to price match
If there's a dealer decal on the truck,tell that dealer you'll leave it on,but you want a good price on parts.
Learn to work the angles with your local dealer,i run the local dealers decal,and get "Fleet" discounts on parts

Last edited by Hornet; 04-24-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
LOOSEWHEEL is on a distinguished road

+1 for dealer on Bedrug. Best price I could find online from within Canada was $450. Dealer lists for $420 and, when I asked if he could do better, knocked it down to $380.

I just bought a Bak F1 tonneau cover and squeaked in before they raised prices by about $300 on April 1st....blame the exchange.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSEWHEEL View Post
+1 for dealer on Bedrug. Best price I could find online from within Canada was $450. Dealer lists for $420 and, when I asked if he could do better, knocked it down to $380.

I just bought a Bak F1 tonneau cover and squeaked in before they raised prices by about $300 on April 1st....blame the exchange.
Ya exchange has been well over 20% for 6-8 months now so that excuse is pure BS for price increases that just happened. $300 doesn't come close to the exchange on a $799 tonneau. Dealer said they would sell to me for cost of $799 but I never bought the truck from that dealer, they wanted $2700 more for the truck lol, What brand is the Bedrug and what dealer did you get it from? Full bedrug with bed walls as well? Thx
Old 04-24-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Put the tailgate assist on yourself,should only take you a 1/2 hour,it comes with most of the tools needed for installation,you'll have to supply a couple wrenches,if you don't have the wrenches,get off your ass and go buy them.
I just bought one last week $42.00 with Alberta taxes
$462.00 for the bedrug through the dealer when i priced it out earlier this week,find a differant dealer if they want $700.00,or is that an installed price.

Don't be scared to ask your local dealership parts guy to go through Mopar's accessory end of things,things are usually a whole lot cheaper.
All dealers have access to the same parts,so the dealer that told you they couldn't get a bedrug,quit dealing with them,as they leave a bit to be desired
I don't think you've really gave your local dealer much of a chance,don't deal with them online,go in and deal with them face to face,and ask them to try to price match
If there's a dealer decal on the truck,tell that dealer you'll leave it on,but you want a good price on parts.
Learn to work the angles with your local dealer,i run the local dealers decal,and get "Fleet" discounts on parts
I wouldn't actually pay the dealer to put the assist on for me when the part is $40. I was just commenting at the overpriced money grab valuation they put on it when they decide to install on a new truck they are selling on the lot. I haven't talked to the actual dealer I bought the truck from on accessories yet, my local dealer is a pain because I didn't want to pay $8200 more for the truck so drove 121km to save that $8200 (no that's not a typo they must have thought I owned a farm or was older than I looked ). I go to trade shows and sports shows and have agreed to display a dealer sign in front of the truck for the great price they gave me so will bug them for a good price on the accessories. If I can get them from Mopar myself what incentive does the dealer have to sell to me at any special price, would their price be better than the Mopar website for me?
Old 04-25-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUG View Post
I wouldn't actually pay the dealer to put the assist on for me when the part is $40. I was just commenting at the overpriced money grab valuation they put on it when they decide to install on a new truck they are selling on the lot. I haven't talked to the actual dealer I bought the truck from on accessories yet, my local dealer is a pain because I didn't want to pay $8200 more for the truck so drove 121km to save that $8200 (no that's not a typo they must have thought I owned a farm or was older than I looked ). I go to trade shows and sports shows and have agreed to display a dealer sign in front of the truck for the great price they gave me so will bug them for a good price on the accessories. If I can get them from Mopar myself what incentive does the dealer have to sell to me at any special price, would their price be better than the Mopar website for me?

I've bought both my 2013 and 2014 from the same dealer ,that's 200 km's away,as i can't deal with the local dealer on new truck prices.
But i buy parts at the local dealer,and get a great deal on them,as i let them put their decal on the truck.
They even paid for custom dealer decals,as their normal decal,i didn't care for,so they had the local decal shop make up custom window decals for my 2013,they've already offered to pay for another set of custom decals for the 14,i just have to get it over to the local decal shop
I might of came down on you a bit hard,but you came across as slightly whiny in your second post,sorry for that.
My bad to on the bedrug price,it was $362.00 for it at the dealer.
Don't be scared to push your local parts department for better prices,they have room to move on parts prices,at least ask for the good guy price if nothing else.

Last edited by Hornet; 04-25-2015 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I've bought both my 2013 and 2014 from the same dealer ,that's 200 km's away,as i can't deal with the local dealer on new truck prices.
But i buy parts at the local dealer,and get a great deal on them,as i let them put their decal on the truck.
They even paid for custom dealer decals,as their normal decal,i didn't care for,so they had the local decal shop make up custom window decals for my 2013,they've already offered to pay for another set of custom decals for the 14,i just have to get it over to the local decal shop
I might of came down on you a bit hard,but you came across as slightly whiny in your second post,sorry for that.
My bad to on the bedrug price,it was $362.00 for it at the dealer.
Don't be scared to push your local parts department for better prices,they have room to move on parts prices,at least ask for the good guy price if nothing else.

no worries. I'll certainly give it a go. Going to try the dealer I bought the Truck from first since I will be there hopefully in a few weeks picking it up, Maybe they will even install a couple things for free.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:43 AM
Cheap Canadian Labour

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1808
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Bully's Performance is a site supporter and one of the owners is in Toronto