DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:91
Bobcat06 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, in Ohio the front windows have to be 50%, the rear windows have no limits.
The reason for the limit in the front windows is for officer safety. That way they can see inside the car as they are approaching the vehicle, don't want to be surprised when they roll the window down and are pointing a gun at them.
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2010, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

The darker the better ! I have 15% all around on mine. Night time use to suck backing up, until I installed reverse HID's on my 300
Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Dont get me wrong all. I think tinting windows is a great thing. Remerson brought up a great point about heat. Im just stating a opinion on blackouts to near black tint. Years ago leaving Kingston, Ontario a bunch of us went to Syracuse New York for a car craft auto show. One of the guys in his 69 Roadrunner (i had to state that) Had his side windows broke out by a state trooper because ...well they were pretty black. Iam going back approx 15 years ago. Joe (car owner) never said shit to him.........He said he was to scared to do or say anything. Trooper let him go and told him if he or anyone else he sees with windows like that will disappear in the same way............have a nice day. NO SHIT
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Dark Garnet Red Pearl Coat
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
DaKid is on a distinguished road

Well it would really suck to have to peel the film or have my window broken. I suppose Id be fine on the officer safety front if I just roll my window down prior to the officer actually approaching my door. I would have been pretty damn scared if my window just shattered. (And mad if it was on my 69 Roadrunner) If the shop will let me go 25%, Ill do that with 20% on the back window after that 300 said about 15%.

Of course Ill upload pics tomorrow when its all done, regardless of how dark I go. My truck is all stock for now except some new Terra Grapplers
Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: 2500 4x4 HEMI
Color: White
Rep:68
jkulysses will become famous soon enough

Just got mine done with 5% on the very back window and the sun strip on the windshield with 15% on the front side windows to match the back side windows factory tint and it looks great can barely see inside in the day time and if it's remotely cloudy or dark you can't see in even if you stick your face to the glass. Tint laws are different in every state but here in Oregon the front two are supposed to be 35% and the back ones can be whatever you want you could black em out with spray paint if that's what you wanted lol. If you go too dark up around Portland area they'll hit you with a fix it ticket but here's what you do go to the doctor and say you get constant migraines from bright lights especially the sun. They right you a perscription for window tint and your set. Whenever I get pulled over I always turn my dome light on and roll my windows down and as long as you aren't doing something stupid they usually wont even mess with you.

O and the reason your friend thats gong to college doesn't get messed with in Neb. is because cops in other states can't write you ticket for things like that. That's assuming he still has plates and registration and license in his home state.

Don't even bother getting 50% tint it's pointless barely looks tinted at all.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:44 PM

Ulysses, any pics of your truck? Im thinkin 20% now with 15% for the back. How guaranteed is it that I get that magic prescription? lol 50% looks like nothing and it looks like 35% is pretty light too.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I just have a quick question about tint. If your vehicle is registered in a certain state/province and your tint is legal in your registered state, if you travel, does it have to be legal in the state you're traveling through?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
I just have a quick question about tint. If your vehicle is registered in a certain state/province and your tint is legal in your registered state, if you travel, does it have to be legal in the state you're traveling through?
No but it could give them cause to pull you over.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKid View Post
Ulysses, any pics of your truck? Im thinkin 20% now with 15% for the back. How guaranteed is it that I get that magic prescription? lol 50% looks like nothing and it looks like 35% is pretty light too.
http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=45765

I still haven't gotten new pics up of it in the daylight yet but I'll try and do it tomorrow if the rain will stop for a bit.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:46 PM

I read somewhere some guy registered his truck in some state where tint was legal but lived in another state all together. Must be the alternative to getting a doctors note.

Ulysses, your truck looks bad ass with that tint!

Last edited by DaKid; 01-13-2010 at 11:49 PM.