DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Taking out factory radio

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  LAN 
#1 · (Edited)
Heres how I did it:
1.) Disconnect negative battery cable so nothing shorts.
2.)Your gonna need phillips head screw driver and 3/8 inch socket.
3.)First take out the cup holders. There will be 2 screws on each side that will need to come off.
4.)Pull out the ash tray and remove 2 screws from that.
5.) Pull the dash trimpanel away from the dash to unclip the retaining clips that are on it.(Use force and it will come off.) Disconnect ciggarette lighter cables before pulling trim panel completely off.
6.)Remove the two 3/8 inch hex screws that are securing the factory radio to the dash.
7.) Slide the radio out and unplug 2 wire harnesses and disconnect antenna cable.

And now your ready to put that kickass head unit in!

(SORRY FOR THE VERY BIG PICTURES! DIDNT KNOW THEY WOULD BE THAT BIG!)

See less See more
#4 ·
:smileup: Good how to there. Cant wait to see the finished product. Is that the latest model from Alpine?

#5 ·
IDK if its the latest model, but it was on crutchfield's top pick. Alpine also makes the CDE-105 which I passed on because it was based around the Ipod, which I dont have. The 102 has the mp3 player hookup conveniantly infront of the system but I can also purchase a ipod hookup if I need it later on down the road. The 105 is claimed to be Alpine's best.

#6 ·
I couldn't see anything so I fixed it for you.

Heres how I did it:
1.) Disconnect negative battery cable so nothing shorts.
2.)Your gonna need phillips head screw driver and 3/8 inch socket.
3.)First take out the cup holders. There will be 2 screws on each side that will need to come off.
4.)Pull out the ash tray and remove 2 screws from that.
5.) Pull the dash trimpanel away from the dash to unclip the retaining clips that are on it.(Use force and it will come off.) Disconnect ciggarette lighter cables before pulling trim panel completely off.
6.)Remove the two 3/8 inch hex screws that are securing the factory radio to the dash.
7.) Slide the radio out and unplug 2 wire harnesses and disconnect antenna cable.

And now your ready to put that kickass head unit in!

(SORRY FOR THE VERY BIG PICTURES! DIDNT KNOW THEY WOULD BE THAT BIG!)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.