DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Super Challenger #10 011
Trim Level: Mr Norm's SC'd 6.1l
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:786
08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold

That looks pretty good. How is the bully dog compared to diablosport?

Mr Norms liquid cooled 2.8l Kenne Bell with 8lb pulley, Eibach coil over suspension, Hotchkis sway bars, Super Challenger Katzkin interior, Hurst short throw shifter. ARH longtube headers with high flow catted mid pipes, magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Black Viper style wheels with red raceline.
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2010, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Cummins Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:27
cuda71 is on a distinguished road

That BullyDog looks pretty nice, but first things first I gotta get a banks intake on my truck before anything else, performance wise anyways.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

always a good addition. getting the ram air scoop too?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:04 AM

probably not, been talking to the guy at banks and he actually recommended against it because of all the salt and crap on the roads during the winter here.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:15 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough. Have installed a few in Alberta and we just put a cloth over the intake during the winter.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Thats a good idea, just was checking out the banks website, and can't wait to be able to put a "RAM AIR" intake on my truck, hmmm thats a nice name for an intake especially when it goes into a RAM!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 DODGE 2500 5.9 CUMMINS
Trim Level: ST
Color: LIGHT ALMOND
Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
Anthony C is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone, I'm still a new guy here. It's funny I was going to ask the same question about the Banks aftermarket add ons. I have decided to go with the ottomind/iQ monitor. From what I'm reading it's for pulling and MPG, and that's exactly what I'm looking for. I going for the gusto, I'm doing it all! The ram air intake, the techni cooler, the ottomind/ iQ monitor instead of the gauges. I already have a 5" exhaust turbo back. I wanted a cummins for a long time, I'm glad I waited. I have an 05 quadcab, nothing fancy. It has A/C, and Cruise. That's all I need, it does have a NV5600 6 Spd transmission, 373 ratio, and without saying it's a 4X4. I'm also putting lockout hubs on it as soon as I get home, I've been in Afghanistan for the last 6 months. I miss my family more than I would have imagined. My grand chrildern are always asking, when is grandpa coming home? I'll be home on the 25th of August. I was thinking about a PPE programer, I have decided to go with the Banks. Any replies are more than welcome, thanking you in advance, Anthony C

Last edited by Anthony C; 08-14-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:02 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

IMO(after 4 CTD trucks) Banks has some of the best engineered products on the market. The fit and finish is better than most. That being said, they are also some of the most expensive after market parts you can buy. Someone has to pay for all the advertising. There are products on the market that will give you a lot more bang for your buck and will give you much better performance also. Do some research on some of the CTD sites before you spend all that money, you may find some good alternatives. Bottom line---you pay a lot for the name.
Jay
Old 08-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
79ta is on a distinguished road

I have a 2009 4dr 4x4 2500 that I just did a dpf delete, cai, 4" straight exhaust and a smarty jr programmer and what a difference. No codes, great power and throttle response and easy to install. The 100hp increase along with a 3 to 4 mpg gain were the two main reasons for doing the install. The mpg before install was around 16 now over 20mpg on the highway. You may see better results because I run 315/70/17 bfg's that will hurt mpg a little. I would highly recommend the smarty or smarty jr. Enjoy your truck
Old 09-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

08ram3500hd is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, I am new to this site and this is my first Dodge Ram truck ever! I purchased a '08 Ram 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins Diesel and I LOVE it. I have been having a problem as of lately and have had to bring the truck in to the dealer several times. I was told the truck was throwing a CEL because of a lack of DPF burn-off. I bought the biggest and baddest boy I could for work and do not use it to its full capabilities. I was told by the dealer that I need to stop "babying" it and work it for what it is. I really need a tuner/programmer that would allow for an adjustable DPF burn off and well as giving me some other goodies if possible, (built-in turbo timer, boost gauge, egt gauge, etc). Since my truck is still under warranty and if I were to bring it in to the dealer I would not want them to know that I had anything connected since I do not want to void my warranty. If Banks makes such a system can you please point me in the right direction? Thank you for your time and consideration.