DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Knowledge Base

Notices

Dodge Ram Knowledge Base Here you can find owner submitted how-to's for performing various mods to your Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap10crch View Post
Hey lamateo76,

Can you tell me what the part number was for that Mopar Cold Air Intake? I've been looking online and cannot find the same one that you installed.

Thanks.
PART # 77070023

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermbang View Post
Nice writeup
Thanks!

.[/I]

Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2010, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! That is a great looking kit and an excellent write-up on it. Rep Points for you!!!

I love that sound when accelerating, can't believe I went all this time without ever experiencing it.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:28 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

MBR....That was great! That beast came alive! Nice write up. Thanks and Congrats on your new growl!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:28 PM

MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Thanks guys. It's been really hard to keep my foot off the gas because of the sound the engine makes everytime I accelerate.

.[/I]

Old 03-22-2010, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Terrific job man....well done. Sometimes with frustration it makes for a better resultYou done good.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

I imagine it is hard to stay off the gas
Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 4x2
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
2010Ramowner is on a distinguished road
Default Chrysler/Dodge C.A.I.

Nice job! Great patience level too. I plan to have a mechanic install mine; I wouldn't stand a chance. If it took you four hours, it'd take me four days. lol
Just one question though. Why did you choose the Chrysler C.A.I.? I priced out the one in the Ram accessories booklet at the dealer and was told it was over $840.00 plus tax and a whopping installation bill! Said "No!" very quickly.
In fact nearly all the Dodge Ram accessories were damned expensive.
2010Ramowner
Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:18
Cap10crch is on a distinguished road
Default Mopar CAI

Not sure who your dealer thinks he is but $840 for the CAI part #77070023 is absurd! Here in Virginia they priced it out in the book at $466 and even that is too much.

I went online and found it for $390 on www.********************* Had to pay $30 in shipping (apparently the package is 26 pounds?) But I still only paid $420 for it total.

I went with Mopar just because it helps me sleep at night regarding any warranty issues, I don't want to have something small like the use of another brand becoming an arguing point for the manufacturer/dealer. Besides, I wanted to put in a K&N and I heard that Mopar just rebrands the K&N anyways and calls it Mopar. So it's a win win minus an extra $100 bucks (value of piece of mind?).
Old 03-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:18
Cap10crch is on a distinguished road

Sorry no links allowed huh? Mopar Super Center . com
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Ramowner View Post
Nice job! Great patience level too. I plan to have a mechanic install mine; I wouldn't stand a chance. If it took you four hours, it'd take me four days. lol
Just one question though. Why did you choose the Chrysler C.A.I.? I priced out the one in the Ram accessories booklet at the dealer and was told it was over $840.00 plus tax and a whopping installation bill! Said "No!" very quickly.
In fact nearly all the Dodge Ram accessories were damned expensive.
2010Ramowner

$840 plus installation??? Either they don't know what they are talking about or they are completely nuts. I could have gone with a cheaper setup but I like the look and wanted to keep my truck as mopar as possible. Plus the blue filter matches my blue truck.

.[/I]