DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Color: Graphite Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:72
Incognito will become famous soon enough
Default Terrible Tuesday

Well, it is now Wednesday so I'm glad it's the end of a day. Since it's 2:13AM here then I guess Tuesday has been over for a while, although it was a real pain in the ass. Here's my events of Tuesday, January 19th.

I started off my day late, with my FWB calling me in the morning to wake me up. I had to drop my Audi off at the dealership to get a battery replacement under warranty. Well, I charged the battery last night so I knew it was full. This morning, it was dead again which pissed me off. So right from the start I wasn't happy. Luckily I had my cables close-by and my '08 Ram 3500 was right beside my Audi, so I just boosted the bitch. Okay, now off to the dealership. Dropped off the Audi, got a shuttle ride home and on the way home I passed by one of my prospective clients. Only problem was one of my competitors had his roofing crew up on the roof, so I knew right away I lost my bid with that client. It would have been a gravy job, enough for me to make up for some downtime we've had with the weather. There goes about $5,000 worth of profit right there. An easy job that would have took our crew two days max, gone to another company who I'm certain underbid us. I can't say that I don't have negative feelings towards my prospective client, but I knew that they could afford to go with me, but instead they chose someone much cheaper. Oh well, I hope their roof leaks sometime soon. So when I got home I was really disappointed. So I took my '08 Ram 3500, drove down to the jobsite, switched trucks with my leadhand and took the '03 Ram 1500 to the bank to do some banking. On the way there I was busted by the police for having blue lights. My headlights aren't blue, they are Kydos with a slight blue tint and a simulated 6300k colour temp. My foglights, however, are aftermarket with a blue lens, and I replaced the original halogen H3s with SMD LED H3s that emit much lower light but a much whiter light, which combined with a blue lens gives it a blue glow. The cops didn't like it and gave me a $120 ticket. S**t. Well, there goes a tank of fuel. So I went to the police station right after to pay for the ticket, and I waited for about 20 minutes before I was seen by an officer. The officer then told me that I can't pay for the ticket there, and I have to go to a driver licensing centre. Son of a bitch! Waited all that time for nothing. Keep in mind it's probably around 12:00PM noon now and I still haven't had breakfast. I'm so hungry my gastric acids are starting to eat away at my stomach lining and I'm feeling light headed. So I went down to the driver licensing centre, pay off my ticket, flirt with the receptionist a bit and I'm on my way. I pick up my FWB from the mall, and we had downtown to have some nice Japanese food. I was in such a rush to eat and I was so hungry I forgot to plug money into the parking meter. I come back and there's a $70 ticket on my windshield. Son of a bitch. Can this get any worse? Well, I head back to the jobsite, things look well and we finish up for the day several hours later. I go home, take a nap and hope that Wednesday will be much better. S**t!

BTW: I don't know if I should've posted this here or on the Off-Topic section so Mods please move this as you see fit.
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2010, 06:38 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Incognito,
I am sorry! What a crappy day! The good news, once you laid your head down and closed your eyes, you could officially mark Tuesday done and gone! On days that like, I always tell myself, "I can't wait to put this day down like a disloyal dog". I hope Wednesday is better! Take care.

Last edited by iRESQu; 01-20-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:19 AM

Vehicle: 2010 ram quadcab
Trim Level: slt,big horn,bucket
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
vided is on a distinguished road

well look on the bright side.......oh, there is no bright side.
smile, things could be worst, i smiled, they got worst.
hey, there's a light at the end of the tunnel......shit it's a train.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, that is a crappy day, sorry to hear it. The good news is Wednesday will be hard pressed to be worse...
Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Thats a definition of sucks of a day........................Remember one thing on days like that.............There is always someone out there worse off than you. Still bites the big one though.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 01-20-2010, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman - Rambox
Color: Black Crystal - Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
wvcoolvinilla will become famous soon enough

what kind of roofing was it metal or shingles?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:22
Vikefan4eva is on a distinguished road

A true series of unfortunate events I'd say.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Charcoal
Rep:16
07dodgehemi is on a distinguished road

Phew! That's a lot to take in one day. Sorry dude!

Uhh what's FWB?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:19 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Color: Graphite Gray
Rep:72
Incognito will become famous soon enough

FWB is a "Friend With Benefits". When you're a workaholic business owner like myself, it's difficult to maintain relationships just due to the business being the centre of your focal point. I own my company outright and have no business partners so everything that my company is involved in is superivised by me, leaving me with very little time for relationships. But people like myself have needs and those needs have to be fulfilled. For me it's at least three times a week and that is enough to keep my sanity otherwise I'd be sleeping with shingles.

I do all sorts of roofing, both flat and sloped. For sloped applications I use fibreglass shingles, composite, natural slate and steel. I don't use cedar, rubber, aluminum or concrete. Cedar doesn't last very long and it's very labour intensive, the cost is comparable to a steel roof but it will only last a fraction of the time. Rubber literally stinks when it gets hot and it creates a chaulky appearance after several years. Aluminum works great but there is no industrial finish that lasts on aluminum, so while the roof maintains it's resistence to the elements, it's appearance will fade in several years. Concrete roofing isn't common in this part of Canada and although I have experience in installing it, I wouldn't put it on because a natural slate roof is much lighter and much stronger with the same or better lifespan.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

that sucks dude but it can always be worse