DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:35
rjs2005 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rjs2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
the only thing that gets me about the whole health care thing is that the people that do have jobs with good benefits are going to get screwed even harder in the tax department. i know in my case,having 100% benefits, i would be taxed close to $10,000 more every year just because i have good benefits. i dont see how this makes things any better for me
Do you have a data point from the proposed bill to support your claim? I'd love to see that. If that is true, that is certainly patently unfair.
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2010, 03:00 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

I am just tired of rewarding the lazy, procreating abusers that want hand outs because they feel they are "owed" something. Military may not physically pay for health care for their families but rest assured, their freedoms and personal safety are at stake. You and I, Matt, know that military could make more on the economy then what they are paid. Yes, it is an "all volunteer military", so that means we shouldn't fuss over our pay or benefits? How about the free dental they/we were promised? I know that we now pay monthly premiums for dental and not all dental is free.

It's long time America wakes up and weans the lazy off government assistance. What happened to "survival of the fittest"? Where is your determination to succeed in life?
I think that's where a lot of this is stemming from. The lazy are draining our way of life. But I believe the current administration is enabling that continuing way of life with even more luxuries than previous available. In the end, why work? Why go to war, just to keep the medical and dental coming in? Well in the scenerio playing out before us, you don't have to go to war....just stay home, let the government raise your kids and provide for them.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 SLT Crew
Trim Level: Texas Edition
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:87
Revolter will become famous soon enough
Default Hope

Hey Guys and Gals, A lot of times Politics along with other topics are very sensitive and can cause division. I think it is great to talk about the issues and believe me we need to focus on the policies this President and his buddies are trying to push to the American people. I just hope nobody gets mad and takes away from this great site. Just my opinion. Yeah I know about opinions! LOL
Old 01-21-2010, 03:03 PM

iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uktitus View Post
I believe in free speech the right of the individual however offensive it is to me personal, but this is a Dodge truck forum not a political forum so can we please keep it as that.
Thank you John

John,
I appreciate your tact and courtesies with the room. I am under the assumption that this thread was started as a political thread and that there are other threads that are not. This is a Dodge Truck Forum, but it also encompasses different views and other topics. Maybe this wasn't the thread for you, especially if you find it easily offensive.

Best of luck to you.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:07 PM

One of the biggest problems in this great country of ours today, in my opinion, is the lack of ability to discuss and debate political differences without the discussion turning ugly. That is the main reason I often do not enter those discussions. I've lost good friends over something as simple as a difference of opinion on a constitutional amendment on flag burning. A long time friend and I had what I believed was a friendly discussion on this, from opposite sides of the issue. He got seething mad, and hasn't talked to me since. That was over 8 years ago. It's an awful shame that some folks cannot disagree without it becoming personal.

I have resolved myself to never allowing myself to fall into that trap.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICOVERU View Post
I am just tired of rewarding the lazy, procreating abusers that want hand outs because they feel they are "owed" something. Military may not physically pay for health care for their families but rest assured, their freedoms and personal safety are at stake. You and I, Matt, know that military could make more on the economy then what they are paid. Yes, it is an "all volunteer military", so that means we shouldn't fuss over our pay or benefits? How about the free dental they/we were promised? I know that we now pay monthly premiums for dental and not all dental is free.

It's long time America wakes up and weans the lazy off government assistance. What happened to "survival of the fittest"? Where is your determination to succeed in life?
I think that's where a lot of this is stemming from. The lazy are draining our way of life. But I believe the current administration is enabling that continuing way of life with even more luxuries than previous available. In the end, why work? Why go to war, just to keep the medical and dental coming in? Well in the scenerio playing out before us, you don't have to go to war....just stay home, let the government raise your kids and provide for them.
I agree with you completely. I've always been an advocate of workfare vs. welfare. It truly pains me to hear arguments against encouraging a welfare recipient to better themselves and wean themselves off of the government dime. The same thing goes for health insurance. The problem with health insurance goes deeper than just providing insurance. The skyrocketing cost of care needs to be addressed as well. I provided some examples of what I have seen recently, and that was for a simple out-patient procedure. Imagine the built-in waste that exists on a bill for an extended hospital stay!

One area I have to question though is dependent dental care. My dependents never received "free" dental care. I paid for everything out of pocket until the Delta Dental Plan was announced. I don't recall ever being promised dental care for dependents, although I'm certainly just one man who served.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs2005 View Post
I agree with you completely. I've always been an advocate of workfare vs. welfare. It truly pains me to hear arguments against encouraging a welfare recipient to better themselves and wean themselves off of the government dime. The same thing goes for health insurance. The problem with health insurance goes deeper than just providing insurance. The skyrocketing cost of care needs to be addressed as well. I provided some examples of what I have seen recently, and that was for a simple out-patient procedure. Imagine the built-in waste that exists on a bill for an extended hospital stay!

One area I have to question though is dependent dental care. My dependents never received "free" dental care. I paid for everything out of pocket until the Delta Dental Plan was announced. I don't recall ever being promised dental care for dependents, although I'm certainly just one man who served.

My husband has served 16+ years. We met, married, and then he enlisted for a better life for us. We were told again and again that it's free medical and dental. We didn't pay a dime until about 7-8 years ago. Now we pay. We have also been hit with an Orthodontic bill and because of my husbands rank, we pay more of our share than just about any other rank within the majority of military structure. And we dread any further Orthodontic proceedures our daughter may need as her braces have maxed out her LIFETIME allocations! Very discouraging.

Here in Georgia, if you are on welfare or ANY form of government assistance, you now get a free cell phone! Yet, we pay and fight for freedom?! I certainly hope this administration either reverses it role as an enabler or that our country wakes up and demands better.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiezl Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

I just want to mention that I am grateful for all the things that the men and women of the military go through to do their job.

This is the first time I hear about this! If it's going to the elderly who honestly need it, then I don't mind it. But if it's going to anyone who's on welfare and is physically and able to work, then I say NO.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:42 PM

Thank you, Lamateo.
I was raised, if you don't have the money, then you don't need it! Pay phones still exist, right? Maybe if the lazy had to suffer a little, then maybe they would realize that there is true incentives to working.
The elderly or TRUE handcapped, I agree.

Again, THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT sport
Color: red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:183
Dann has a spectacular aura aboutDann has a spectacular aura about

Wow this thread really got going, I guess its something alot of you need to speak about it makes fantastic reading and i am shocked how it is 100% like what is going on here in UK, the whole of the Uk hates its goverment, at the moment Gordon Brown is a brainless spineless idiot.
We cannot get shut of our goverment for a while yet though and most likely get another snotty nosed stuck up, idiot in charge lol

But thanks for all the replys on this made some very intresting reading