DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Rep:16
coolidge is on a distinguished road
Default Well I'm still Dodgeless

Got up early and drove 2 hours to a dealer to buy a new Ram 1500. We had already negociated an internet price over the phone and I had my own financing so the deal was set except for my trade it. I told them over the phone I wanted Kelly Blue Book dealer trade in $17k. They said if the car checked out okay that should be doable.

So I drive down there, took a test drive and start all the paperwork. Then they come out and say they can only go $16k on the trade in. The car is defect free, and low miles. All maint done at dealer, etc. its cherry. Even has brand new Goodyear tires. Ones with more mileage than mine are for sale in the $22k to $23k range.

I said you were fine with $17k on the phone so tell me why you are offering me less than KBB now? They say KBB isn't retail. I'm like what that statement doesn't even make sense?

So we were $1,000 apart on a $30k plus deal and they let me walk out the door. Hey no skin off my nose, Dodge dealers are a dime a dozen.
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
rickerred is on a distinguished road

if your current truck is paid for sell it yourself, 1 or 2k less than the local market and make some cash over the dealers price of 16k. good luck.

Future Mods: What ever I can sneak by my wife.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:29 PM
erm

Hang in there...just keep at them! Remember, they haven't sold the new truck yet...
Old 01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Hang in there...just keep at them! Remember, they haven't sold the new truck yet...
Dang that truck was built in Aug/09 its been sitting around for 4-5 months you would think they'd want to sell the thing off.

Its starting to rust pretty good underneath also. The bed was a mess, frozen yucky water and a bunch of dirt and dead bugs under the bedliner. It was a little gross actually.

They were altogether polite and courteous, there was no rude behavior. But I would probably not drive another 4-5 hours round trip to deal with them again after they wasted my time today.

This setback has me thinking about waiting for the Ford 6.2 Boss Raptor
Old 01-30-2010, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

That's typical salesperson bull. They'll do everything to get you in the door and at the last minute they come and tell you some reason why they can't give you what they promised you. When I went to get my truck, they told me they had it. When I got there, they said they didn't have it and if I wanted to look at a less equipped model and that why did I need leather seats or the crew cab? I wanted to tell him "what F*($# business is it of yours why I need it?"

Anyways, don't sweat it. It's their loss for that day. They probably were not to happy that you came in pre-financed.

.[/I]

Old 01-30-2010, 06:04 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

good luck thats closer to bluebook than they ever offered me, but i noticed that it goes by the dealer because one place offered me 5,000.00 another offered me 10,000.00 on my last truck so id shop around.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

I have been told by my car dealer friends they don't really use KBB anymore, they go by fair market value. MADDOG is right though, they are still sitting on the truck though and I wouldn't go back to them either if it was me. There will be another dealer that will want to do business with you!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Banned

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:8
randomdef is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiv8dodgeram1500 View Post
good luck thats closer to bluebook than they ever offered me, but i noticed that it goes by the dealer because one place offered me 5,000.00 another offered me 10,000.00 on my last truck so id shop around.
shop around, one dealer offered me 18, the next offered me 24k. they wanted the sale more, so i gave it to them.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdef View Post
shop around, one dealer offered me 18, the next offered me 24k. they wanted the sale more, so i gave it to them.
I think that was the issue, this dealer was out in the middle of farm country with no local competition. I only went there because they had the only truck with the options I wanted in the color I wanted within 150 miles of my house. Time is on my side, I can afford to wait until another one comes along.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: Sport, with R/T Hood
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
yeepjeep is on a distinguished road

If you have the time work a deal at your local dealership and have the truck built to your specs, tis the way I went. I also sold my Jeep privately as the dealer would give apprx $6000 on trade, I sold it for $14000 and could have gotten more if I waited till spring hit.