DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-10-2010, 02:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:45
Ray is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRamDriver View Post
Ray,
The sport doesnt come with chrome bumpers - so I understand why your truck came the way it did. On another note, it seems like you are gambling - you may or may not get a painted grill. I like the Chrome grill and my dealer has agreed to switch it if the truck does ineed come with a painted grill.
I knew the sport came with the painted bumpers, that's why I special ordered it with chrome bumpers and chrome grill. Some how the dealer screwed up and the truck came with the chrome grill but painted bumbers. It worked out in the end because I got a little bit of both and I been hearing about people having problems with the chrome bumbers rusting. Plus I ended up with an extra set of bumpers.
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
10ramisport will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRamDriver View Post
Ray,
The sport doesnt come with chrome bumpers - so I understand why your truck came the way it did. On another note, it seems like you are gambling - you may or may not get a painted grill. I like the Chrome grill and my dealer has agreed to switch it if the truck does ineed come with a painted grill.
I totally agree with the gambling part. I just got my 2010 Sport and it has the chrome grille. Wasn't happy about that since it specifically states in the brochure and website body colored grille. Dealer won't help and talking to Dodges Customer Service is like talking to a deaf mute! BTW MiRam Driver...what color is your truck? If its Bright White, I'll trade with you Here is my window sticker and it shows the 26L package as having a bright/bright grille.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RAM invoice.pdf (576.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram CC 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:14
MiRamDriver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I knew the sport came with the painted bumpers, that's why I special ordered it with chrome bumpers and chrome grill. Some how the dealer screwed up and the truck came with the chrome grill but painted bumbers. It worked out in the end because I got a little bit of both and I been hearing about people having problems with the chrome bumbers rusting. Plus I ended up with an extra set of bumpers.
Must have been a dealer installed option, because to my knowledge that cannot be done at the factory. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram CC 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:14
MiRamDriver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ramisport View Post
I totally agree with the gambling part. I just got my 2010 Sport and it has the chrome grille. Wasn't happy about that since it specifically states in the brochure and website body colored grille. Dealer won't help and talking to Dodges Customer Service is like talking to a deaf mute! BTW MiRam Driver...what color is your truck? If its Bright White, I'll trade with you Here is my window sticker and it shows the 26L package as having a bright/bright grille.
Your truck is identical to mine with the exceptions of the rear seat video and Ram Box, I didn't get either of those options. My truck is currently on hold until 3/15 for the Nav. and Backup Camera, it is Deep Water Blue.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2010sport View Post
My 2010 Sport came with body color grill and bumpers. It came in the "Customer Preferred Package 26L", also had the body color Exterior mirrors.
Same here.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
ask for the made for use in canada truck, you will get what you want & more, like a choice of FULL TIME RUNNING LIGHTS & some other nice options

that my thought for the day
Good idea. Our "Canadian Ram" also comes with 2 pounds of back bacon, a jug of maple syrup and a Case of Labatt's beer. Thats why they charge more for the trucks up here!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram QC 4x2
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
MotorCityRam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ramisport View Post
I'm confused as your sticker lists it as an SLT w/ that 26L package added. Is this how all Sports read on the sticker?

I'm curious about all this as I just ordered a 2010 Quad Sport. I'm expecting a body color grille w/ the billet type tube inserts like shown on the webpage. Am I more likely to get the TRX grille (R/T style)? I'm gonna be seriously bummed as that was one of my likes of the Sport pkg. I absolutely do NOT want a chrome grille.

2010 Quad Cap Sport 4x2 / Inferno Red / HEMI / 3.92s / leather / Truxedo Truxsport tonneau
Old 02-13-2010, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

A Sport is an SLT with the 26L package. That's the way they all are.

4th gen Canadian Sports have always gotten the body colored grille. The US trucks have finally been changed over. They must of had to run off some of the old chrome ones though as the first ones made through very recently got chrome. But the very latest trucks built are body colored.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram QC 4x2
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
MotorCityRam is on a distinguished road

Thanks Topgun. I assumed they were likely just using up parts. I'm guessing the cool billet-look grille is one of those items they mention "may or may not have parts shown". Seems in the pics I've seen they all get the TRX/RT style black grille. Not terrible, but the billet look grille would have meant one less mod I have to make.

2010 Quad Cap Sport 4x2 / Inferno Red / HEMI / 3.92s / leather / Truxedo Truxsport tonneau
Old 02-13-2010, 11:38 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

What color of truck did you order?

A guy had posted pictures of his new Sport with the body colored grille but I can't find them at the moment. Couldn't remember which inserts it came with. Thinking it was the horizontal billet but will check for you. Most of what you see is from guys like myself that have added a TRX grille so the inserts are black honeycomb.

*The local dealer is supposed to have a new orange Sport with the body colored grille and performance hood. I'll swing by tomorrow and if there will snap a picture. That should tell what kind of inserts your's will be built with.

Last edited by topgun; 02-13-2010 at 11:41 AM.