DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram quad cab
Trim Level: slt/bighorn
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
will is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones64 View Post
I really havent heard anything bad about either. Myself i want something with a rumble instead of real loud..............Thats all. Magnaflow is a little quiet compared to Flowmaster from what i understand.
It is at idle, and in the cab. At wide open, it friggen roars. I have the 14''.
Sponsored links
Old 02-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 04 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Rep:10
acooperjr is on a distinguished road

I put a stainless cat back system on, by Tube Tech Inc. (TTI)
3" stainless, mandrel bent, factory hangers, TTI stainless muffler, 3 1/2 polished stainless steel tip, all stainless T-Bolt clamps.

This is a very nice single S.S. system and it sounds great. Not to loud, but has a nice rumble. It mounts just like the stock system. I have no affiliating just a happy customer. Here's the link http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Truck-Ram5...aderSystem.htm
Old 02-14-2010, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: 2002 dodge ram quad sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
rosie3 is on a distinguished road

i have an 02quad cab with a 5.9l. it has a magnaflow cat back on it.it sounds nice hehe.the magnaflow has life time warranty on muffler.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:12 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Off Road Package, ST
Color: Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
04ram4X4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 04ram4X4

I have a 3" in dual 2.5" out flowmaster on my 04 Hemi 4x4. It was on the truck when I purchased it but it is not gonna make it much longer and I don't have to deal with salt down here in La. I've always used stainless Dynomax Ultraflow (not super turbo) on my drag cars. They last forever and sound EVIL! Get the fully welded ones and you won't be disapointed. When I get some extra change I will be changing mine but for now the flow is here to stay.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ThunderRoad SLT
Color: Red/Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:21
PBfirefighter is on a distinguished road

I used to have the origional 40 series flowmasters on my built 85 monte carlo ss. After a while I couldnt take the cabin noise so i switched to magnaflow. Magnaflow was still loud, but much quieter inside the cabin. I got the parts and install from a mufflershop. cost me $300 cash.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Quad Cab SLT 1500 4.7 4x2
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
bleu50 is on a distinguished road

I found a used 2.5" Magnaflow muffler at a muffler shop. It was stainless. He installed it for $30, including labor on the stock exhaust system.

It sounds great. Not too loud, but it has a great rumble to it.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2oo9 standard cab 4~4 1500 ram
Trim Level: plain
Color: pearl black
eltoro2 is on a distinguished road

dont go to mufflex for you magnaflow they are expensive could have gotten cheeper at a muffler shop .
Old 02-20-2010, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Deez Nutz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Deez Nutz

Wow thanks for all the good input, I had no idea that I got all these responses...I'm not too great at this forum. So anyways I ended up going with the Magna Flow Catback dual rear exit. Me and two buddies installed it in my garage...it was freezing. It took like 2-3 hours to get the old exhaust off and about 1+1/2 to 2 hours to put the new one on. It's not too loud which I like but it does sound nasty and it looks great. I also installed a tonneau and my mpgs went from avg of 14 to 16 on my first tank with the exhaust and tonneau. I've ordered pretty much all my mods from real truck dot com because I love the free shipping and they ship pretty fast. So far I've ordered from RT- the magna flow, the truXport tonneau, yosemite sam back off mud flaps for the rear and dodge ram logo mud flaps for the front (the mud flaps add about 10 bhp each!). One day my old man came home with some cheap-o auxiliary lights and I installed those behind the grill so it's pretty sick it looks good and it sends a honeycomb light pattern on the trees and everything that i drive by. Another thing that I put on were vent visors they're awesome. So yeah I've had the truck for 31 days as of today and I already did a few things to it which is cool. My last car was a VW GTI so it's a huge difference that thing could easily get 30 mpgs if you drove like kinda good. But i'm loving the truck and i'm really glad i found one in manual transmission idt i would like it that much if it was an automatic...I cant stand autos even though they're better for towing and truck pulls and stuff. I think I'm gonna take some pictures of my truck today I'll put them up. I bought it with 65k miles on it...it already has turned 67k in 31 days. it came with a big dent in the front bumper and in the rear which i'm a little disappointed about. Upcoming mods I think will be a throttle body spacer (idk AFE or Poweraid, the AFE is cheaper on auto anything dot com than the poweraid on RT) and a CAI. I want to make my own CAI since I heard you can do it with $40 and a home depot. I also want to get Billstein leveling shocks in the front and reg. billstein shocks in the rear and maybe an add a leaf or something. I really want to do 35" tires, 16" rims, and a 4" lift but I'm a senior in high school who works night shifts 5x a week for $6 /hr. I don't make that much and most of my $ is spent on gas anyways. I want to do all the work on my truck myself but I don't really have the tools I think the torsion key is like $150 to put on the billstein leveling shocks and idk I don't want to get one of those leveling kits that's like you just put a block above your suspension that's just like kinda tacky to me. yea so i'm done rambling now

Last edited by Deez Nutz; 02-20-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge RAm
Color: Red
Rep:11
sasdelivery713 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to sasdelivery713

im also lookin to change my exhaust and my AI... i have a 4.7L... so im really likin all of the suggestions that people are puttin out there...
Old 03-05-2010, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Blue
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
bmfc09 is on a distinguished road

well my opinion, flowmaster sounds alot better than magnaflows. i mean magnaflow is a good company, but flowmaster is just over the top. and i heard flowmaster just came out with a super 10 series muffler and its supposed to be louder and cleaner than any other muffler. dont hold none of this to me, but i heard, its recommended for off highway use because its so damn loud. i have the super 40 series on my 04 ram. but i have the hemi. and it sounds awesome. idling is a little quieter than what i wanted, but it roars for real. and not bad looking either. i went 4" tips and i would not turn back. its definitely worth it