DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Interior Cleaning and Maintenance!

Notices

Interior Cleaning and Maintenance! Keeping the inside clean!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Atlantic Pearl Blue Metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:75
jayhkr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jayhkr
Default Stain Removal

Ok, so it's FINALLY starting to get warm enough here where I can start working outside on getting ol' blue washed, waxed and shined up. I have noticed some unsightly stains on my interior that I would like to get rid of badly. I have a rug doctor machine, but I don't think the hand attachment will be enough to get the stains out. I may still use it for the extraction purposes, but the scrubber part itself on the hand tool doesn't look suffice enough. Anybody have an awesome tool, tip, remedy, solution that they use for your stains? I was thinking of using a 1:10 solution of vinegar/water and use an apholstry brush to scrub, and then extract it with the rug doctor. Any other suggestions out there. I'd say the stains range anywhere from cola to wet dog to some sort of food. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2010, 08:13 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

not sure how well it'll work, as I've never tried it on the interior of a car, but I've used laundry stain remover (stuff like Shout!) on furniture and carpet in the house

I sprayed it on, scrubbed lightly with an upholstery brush, then let it sit for a bit (not much longer than about 5 minutes as you don't want it to dry out), then hit it with some sort of cleaning machine (at the time I had an upright carpet cleaner).

I don't know how well this will work for you in your truck. I've had pretty good luck with it in the past in the house though. It's not always perfect, and it sometimes needs to be done more than once, but there is always an improvement.

good luck and keep us informed

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:67
hauser775 will become famous soon enough

I have used this with some great results. It doesn't seem like it would work, but I was greatly surprised. Turtle Wax ICE Total Interior Care
Old 03-25-2010, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiezl Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

I've used those stain removers sprays that come in a metal can with a scrubber on top, which are sold at the auto parts store. Spray it on, let it soak in for whatever the can says, and scrub. They work surprising well.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Atlantic Pearl Blue Metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:75
jayhkr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jayhkr

I have that spray in a can with scrubber. It took out *some* stains, but not the great big one left by my dog when we brought her back from the lake. I had a sheet in the back covering the seat, well obviously she was till damp and she left a "wet stain" that has yet to be conquered. The sheet was white, so there was no dye off of it, so it had to be from the oil in her coat that bled through into the fabric. I'll give the shout a try. Thanks everyone.