Ok guys finally I am sitting down and getting this done. First off thank you for all of the GREAT comments from you guys on my new look.
Started off getting the headlights out of the truck, baked my lights apart just like guys have before so going into detail about that really I feel is unnecessary.
Here is everything taken apart before cleaned.
After that pulled my projectors out and just set them to the side for the reinstall.
I pulled the amber corners out and ended up putting 2 coats of Nite Shades on them.
Took 600-grit sand paper and sanded ALL of the chrome to scuff everything for the Primer to Bond!! After scuffed I used some acetone to remove any dust or gunk that was on the surface.
I bought Duplicolor Etching Primer and put 2 coats on everything!
I didn't worry about taping inside the headlight housing because who cares if you get overspray on the black part because no one see's it!
I then started with the painting process, I used Duplicolor Perfect match paint. It was a Dark Gray Metallic "Ford" color. Yes I did say Ford but I thought it would look the best.
It was nice because I had 4 pieces to work on, so I just kept on going round and round with each piece. Worked out great!
If I would get to a piece that I was working on and it was still wet I would just hold it up to the Antique Natural Gas garage heater and it would dry it almost instantly! It was a life saver and really shortened up my overall time for this job!! Plus it kept me warm because this is when I started getting really sick!!!
After all was dry, I reinstalled my Projectors in the housing, put the housing back in the truck with the front part off so I could get the Level to match perfectly,
What I didn't say is I parked my truck outside my garage and setup some plywood and a old box springs and traced out my light so I could get them level again and didn't move my truck till it was done!
After I got them lined up where I was happy I put the headlights back together just using silicone, so if in the future I can bake them apart easily!
These projectors are the coke bottle style so I have done NO cutting or trimming of my headlights. I just stuck the end through the hole and screwed the nut on the back side of the Projectors. I then filled around the projector with silicone so the projector would not want to move at all, this way they will both stay level for as long as I want them to!
During the curing time of the headlights I figured while I have Nite shades I might as well do the tails too! I did the full 3 coats with 5 coats of clear, then wetsanded and buffed them out!!!
Here is the final deal!
There is a big douche bag taking the pics! lol. Yea I looked and felt like shit there!
and yes I have done the 3rd brake light since I took this!!
Overall A LOT easier than I expected!