DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
beaker69 is on a distinguished road
Default 2010 Ram Stereo/Sport Premium Package

Hey everyone.. I am new to the forum and would like to present a dilema I have been having that I cannot seem to find coverage or enough info on. I hope someone can help.

I just purchased a factory ordered 2010 Ram Sport 4x4, pretty much base model except I added the Remote Starter a Spray Bed Liner and upgraded the radio to the 430 Media Center. Problem is for whatever reason I doubted the need to upgrade the speakers, or better yet, add the Sport Premium Package.. I have been kicking myself in the a$$ ever since. I would have liked all the extra features for $800 but I failed to do enough homework before buying I guess. The base 6 speaker setup sound like crap and I should have gone with the Alpine system.... Although not the best but more than enough for my needs.

I have been back to the dealer inquiring about the different wire harnesses to see if my truck is still harnessed to accomodate the speakers and amp... The parts counter did spend a lot of time with me trying to decifer the differences but we came to no deffinite conclusion if the harnesses for a truck equipped with the Sport Premium Package is the same as without. They seem to think so.

So far all I have found is the wire for the sub woofer in the back.. I have tried to find the Center Channel wire to no avail (just not routed I guess) and I am not sure if the wires for the ceiling speakers are up in the headliner or not. I have torn off my rear pillar covers to trace wires and get thier colour codes but I can't find a wire colour diagram anywhere let alone a wiring diagram for the truck period. The best I can do is just peek up in the headliner but the airbags are in the way to see past. The dealership parts counter says they have no acess to the wiring diagrams... only the technicians do. I really do not want to pull down the whole headliner if I dont have to. If I knew the wires were there I would just cut the 2 holes in the ceiling to install the speakers and connect them.

The other more important question is about behind the dash where the amp goes. I looked under another trucks dash with the amp and it seems the harness was different but the truck was a Laramie Crew and mine is a Sport Quad so I just dont know. If I can't connect the amp then whats the point at all.

Also in the photo of the Alpine System in the brochure it shows 2 amps.. Where does the second one go? I assume it's for the Sub.
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2010, 11:44 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3225
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Z from Calgary!

Instead of trying to add the Alpine system; which is better than stock, but nothing to write home about; I'd work on installing an aftermarket system. You can install one for a good price and get better sound then you could with the Alpine.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 PM
erm

What he ^^^^ said. With a couple of simple harness adapters, an aftermarket amp and some good speakers, you'll be amazed how much better the system will sound.

It's possible that if you have a sub amp, it's under the center console.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:10
jdlatil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker69 View Post
Hey everyone.. I am new to the forum and would like to present a dilema I have been having that I cannot seem to find coverage or enough info on. I hope someone can help.

I just purchased a factory ordered 2010 Ram Sport 4x4, pretty much base model except I added the Remote Starter a Spray Bed Liner and upgraded the radio to the 430 Media Center. Problem is for whatever reason I doubted the need to upgrade the speakers, or better yet, add the Sport Premium Package.. I have been kicking myself in the a$$ ever since. I would have liked all the extra features for $800 but I failed to do enough homework before buying I guess. The base 6 speaker setup sound like crap and I should have gone with the Alpine system.... Although not the best but more than enough for my needs.

I have been back to the dealer inquiring about the different wire harnesses to see if my truck is still harnessed to accomodate the speakers and amp... The parts counter did spend a lot of time with me trying to decifer the differences but we came to no deffinite conclusion if the harnesses for a truck equipped with the Sport Premium Package is the same as without. They seem to think so.

So far all I have found is the wire for the sub woofer in the back.. I have tried to find the Center Channel wire to no avail (just not routed I guess) and I am not sure if the wires for the ceiling speakers are up in the headliner or not. I have torn off my rear pillar covers to trace wires and get thier colour codes but I can't find a wire colour diagram anywhere let alone a wiring diagram for the truck period. The best I can do is just peek up in the headliner but the airbags are in the way to see past. The dealership parts counter says they have no acess to the wiring diagrams... only the technicians do. I really do not want to pull down the whole headliner if I dont have to. If I knew the wires were there I would just cut the 2 holes in the ceiling to install the speakers and connect them.

The other more important question is about behind the dash where the amp goes. I looked under another trucks dash with the amp and it seems the harness was different but the truck was a Laramie Crew and mine is a Sport Quad so I just dont know. If I can't connect the amp then whats the point at all.

Also in the photo of the Alpine System in the brochure it shows 2 amps.. Where does the second one go? I assume it's for the Sub.
I have same problem have you done any thing with your current system 430 Media Center? I been trying to find someone that has added speakers and or and amp to this system.
Thanks
Jack
Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:16
bigbird188 is on a distinguished road

After market is the way to go... Im actually about to do a JVC-KD-AVX77 in my Ram...
Old 01-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:65
heavyzee will become famous soon enough

there is a wiring diagram in the service manual... your truck should be the same as the 2009, and the service manual is in the 2009 ram section avil for free download...