DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram quad cab
Trim Level: slt/bighorn
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
will is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanthecrabman View Post
Like the oil change guy?
Of course not
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:851
RockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RockyRam

That's why I do my own oil. I love the feeling you get, when you do it yourself.

Have a Gray Ram?? Join the Mineral Gray Metallic Ramz Group!!!
http://www.ramforumz.com/group.php?groupid=21

"Rocky and Bullwinkle"
Old 03-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram quad cab
Trim Level: slt/bighorn
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
will is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm2027 View Post
That's why I do my own oil. I love the feeling you get, when you do it yourself.
Changing my own oil, idk, its just a good feeling on the first crank with new oil, like my baby is healthier...lol
Old 03-05-2010, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

if i change the oil my self you would have a thread on here saying help with oil because i would have messed something up just kidding changeing the oil is one thing i can do but it is easer to have them do it instead of me doing it
Old 03-05-2010, 10:59 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiv8dodgeram1500 View Post
if i change the oil my self you would have a thread on here saying help with oil because i would have messed something up just kidding changeing the oil is one thing i can do but it is easier to have them do it instead of me doing it
You're not alone, I know the feeling. It's easier to have them do it IMO.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

you could have ran your truck like that and it would've been fine...if it was struggling to get you home....you may want to get whatever that was checked out.

Unless you heard knocking, it didn't effect anything.

Also...I always do my own oil...only problem is though....disposal. But, luckily, theres a dump branch (you dump your stuff into huge dumpsters and they transport it to the real dump)...and they take it for free...so thats helpful.

Though...the local Ford dealer is offering oil changes for $9.99, but, they're using Fram oil filters. And, I will never ever use a Fram oil filter again on any engine. On my dad's 440 in his charger, the paper filter inside failed and plugged the filter, resulting in no oil pressure. Luckily, it didn't screw it up, but, from the sound of it, we thought it did.

So...I do my own oil changes so I can be sure to use Wix. I am also a Rotella fan as it is the only oil that still has all the old style additives in it that are better for older engines. But, Castrol is good as well.

But, 20W-50 is ran in my Conquest, and 15W-30 in my Ram.

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Old 03-07-2010, 05:48 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strang3majik View Post
you could have ran your truck like that and it would've been fine...if it was struggling to get you home....you may want to get whatever that was checked out.

Unless you heard knocking, it didn't effect anything.

Also...I always do my own oil...only problem is though....disposal. But, luckily, theres a dump branch (you dump your stuff into huge dumpsters and they transport it to the real dump)...and they take it for free...so thats helpful.

Though...the local Ford dealer is offering oil changes for $9.99, but, they're using Fram oil filters. And, I will never ever use a Fram oil filter again on any engine. On my dad's 440 in his charger, the paper filter inside failed and plugged the filter, resulting in no oil pressure. Luckily, it didn't screw it up, but, from the sound of it, we thought it did.

So...I do my own oil changes so I can be sure to use Wix. I am also a Rotella fan as it is the only oil that still has all the old style additives in it that are better for older engines. But, Castrol is good as well.

But, 20W-50 is ran in my Conquest, and 15W-30 in my Ram.
Thank god schucks is 2 minutes away, I can dispose of any liquid there really.

Thank god the truck is alright after that they did. I would just do it yourself.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98sst View Post
Thank god schucks is 2 minutes away, I can dispose of any liquid there really.

Thank god the truck is alright after that they did. I would just do it yourself.
if they hurt my truck i might have driven it through there building and not the part with the garage
Old 03-14-2010, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: st
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:23
dropt02 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dropt02

one of the reasons why i love my dad having a garage with rack, 4 bays lol if i cant do it i get him to help lol, changed ever oil in our vehicles since i was 16-17 on my own. lol. im 23 and pulled the front end apart and ass end and he cut the coils and welded spring perches on bc i dont trust my welds lol and i put it together and drove the crap of it since no probs lol plus when ur done and u start ur truck up and u was the dirt/grease/oil off ur hands u can look at it and know u did it urself and know its done right if u know wtf ur doing. (not to mention the r/t in my intro i rebuilt myself and did most of the ram too) its satisfaction of a job done right and knowin some dumbass didnt put something in it that will fail later on. bc i know several friends that got oil changes and got 5 miles down the road and no oil pressure bc drain plus was tighten too much and it fell out and 1 got his truck blew up bc it
Old 03-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropt02 View Post
one of the reasons why i love my dad having a garage with rack, 4 bays lol if i cant do it i get him to help lol, changed ever oil in our vehicles since i was 16-17 on my own. lol. im 23 and pulled the front end apart and ass end and he cut the coils and welded spring perches on bc i dont trust my welds lol and i put it together and drove the crap of it since no probs lol plus when ur done and u start ur truck up and u was the dirt/grease/oil off ur hands u can look at it and know u did it urself and know its done right if u know wtf ur doing. (not to mention the r/t in my intro i rebuilt myself and did most of the ram too) its satisfaction of a job done right and knowin some dumbass didnt put something in it that will fail later on. bc i know several friends that got oil changes and got 5 miles down the road and no oil pressure bc drain plus was tighten too much and it fell out and 1 got his truck blew up bc it
100% agree. Always changed my own oil in every vehicle I have owned. Satisfaction and knowing it's done right. I just keep the old oil in my garage until I get enough to take to recycling. They take it for free