DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram QC 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Texas Hemi is on a distinguished road
Default Ram Replacement Shifter?

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, but I have been poking around for awhile, reading up on all the great things existing members have found for the 2009+ Rams. I currently own a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie QC, Black with Bark Brown & Saddle interior. I've put just under 7,000 miles on it since I bought it new in late October. I'm looking into several mods after getting some really good ideas from other members here. I have dropped in a K&N filter and recommend it to those thinking about it. I have seen an easy 1MPG pickup driving around town. However, one part of my truck that bugs me, that I would think would be an easy fix, is the shifter. I know, of all the things to want to change right. It seems so 16 years old of me, but hey, I think it is something that could be improved. So, I did some research. As far as Mopar accessories are concerned, I found something I think might work. The shifter for the 2009+ Challenger & Charger rest in a very similar housing as the Ram. There is a Mopar replacement for the Charger and Challenger that looks very appealing, much like the old Hurst shifters. Here is a link to an eBay auction for one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...Q5fAccessories

Has anyone tried to swap out the stock console style shifter with this bad boy? I think it’s a much better look. Anyone know if this will fit the Ram or if it can be modified to fit? I've been told by the seller that this won't work. Still, looking at it objectively, I would think it would. They are both automatics, with autostick capabilities. They both use a very thin handle base that connects to the upper T. I'm hoping someone who maybe works with Dodge or has knowledge of the Ram might be able to shed some light on this situation. I'd love to swap mine out for this if I could! I also don't want to run the risk of jacking something up royally over a shifter. If this one won’t work, do any aftermarket models like this exist? Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for having me, I look forward to y’alls responses.
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram C/C
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Sunburst Orange Pearl
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:51
akins9753 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Hemi View Post
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, but I have been poking around for awhile, reading up on all the great things existing members have found for the 2009+ Rams. I currently own a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie QC, Black with Bark Brown & Saddle interior. I've put just under 7,000 miles on it since I bought it new in late October. I'm looking into several mods after getting some really good ideas from other members here. I have dropped in a K&N filter and recommend it to those thinking about it. I have seen an easy 1MPG pickup driving around town. However, one part of my truck that bugs me, that I would think would be an easy fix, is the shifter. I know, of all the things to want to change right. It seems so 16 years old of me, but hey, I think it is something that could be improved. So, I did some research. As far as Mopar accessories are concerned, I found something I think might work. The shifter for the 2009+ Challenger & Charger rest in a very similar housing as the Ram. There is a Mopar replacement for the Charger and Challenger that looks very appealing, much like the old Hurst shifters. Here is a link to an eBay auction for one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...Q5fAccessories

Has anyone tried to swap out the stock console style shifter with this bad boy? I think it’s a much better look. Anyone know if this will fit the Ram or if it can be modified to fit? I've been told by the seller that this won't work. Still, looking at it objectively, I would think it would. They are both automatics, with autostick capabilities. They both use a very thin handle base that connects to the upper T. I'm hoping someone who maybe works with Dodge or has knowledge of the Ram might be able to shed some light on this situation. I'd love to swap mine out for this if I could! I also don't want to run the risk of jacking something up royally over a shifter. If this one won’t work, do any aftermarket models like this exist? Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for having me, I look forward to y’alls responses.
Welcome to the Forum from Ft Worth and I'm sure someone will have your answer shortly. That really is a badass shifter.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:30 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3247
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Z! Don't forget to fill out your UserCP so we can have a quick reference to your truck details, also stop by the Newbie forum to get the official welcome.

As for the shifter, does the '09s shifter have the O/D Tow/Haul button build in or is it locate somewhere else? If it's not in the shifter, then by all means, pick up a shifter. That eBay one is sweet, there's also some available from BilletTechnology among some other sweet billet pieces.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
lasstss is on a distinguished road
Default shifters

Im not a fan of T handles as they don't stay put but that's why there are different types to suit all.

However, this is worth checking out. These are the best I have seen..

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/j...work/?start=20

e mail John PREGESS3@aol.com
Old 03-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat
Rep:92
marko7717 will become famous soon enough

I installed one last month into my 09 1500. Check out my post.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=48088
Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram QC 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Texas Hemi is on a distinguished road

Great, thank you so much and thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the forum. I'll go to the newbie checkin for sure. As for the shifter, I think I will be placing my order this weekend! Looks really sweet. I've also ordered a set of the brushed aluminum door sill guards. Tow hooks and CAI will be down the road shortly. I'm trying to do everything I can with Mopar parts. A Magnaflow exhaust will be one of the points where I have to get away from Mopar to get the sound I prefer. Thanks again!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat
Rep:92
marko7717 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Hemi View Post
Great, thank you so much and thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the forum. I'll go to the newbie checkin for sure. As for the shifter, I think I will be placing my order this weekend! Looks really sweet. I've also ordered a set of the brushed aluminum door sill guards. Tow hooks and CAI will be down the road shortly. I'm trying to do everything I can with Mopar parts. A Magnaflow exhaust will be one of the points where I have to get away from Mopar to get the sound I prefer. Thanks again!
No problem. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 5.7L
Trim Level: Big Horn Package
Color: Stone White
Rep:50
MTtruckr will become famous soon enough

put up some pics of those aluminum door sills if you can. I've tossed that idea around myself and wouldn't mind seeing some installed