DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Laramie Longbed
Color: black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:26
Acheron is on a distinguished road
Default CB Radio and Antennae

I wasn't sure where to post this question so it's here now heh. I'm looking to buy a CB Radio and the antennae kit to put in my 1997 Ram 1500. Now I know where I'm buying the kit from but my question was this. Does anyone know of or has anyone found a suitable place to mount the radio and also the antennae? I'm planning on mounting the radio in the middle of the dash near the floor...right near the 4x4 shifter. I can't come up with a good spot for the antennae and I don't want a 4ft aerial stick up from the roof lol. I like to go off roading often so I also need to put it somewhere I won't have to worry about it getting ripped off or something. Any input would be great thanks!!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 02 quad cab Ram, 94 Jeep YJ, 9
Trim Level: SLT
Color: cranberry
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
blueflu is on a distinguished road

Some of the guys I know use the stake hole (or what ever it's called) closest to the cab.
They use the mount for semi truck mirrors and drill a hole. Running the cable, I have no clue how they do it.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Here is an option for the antenna mount:

http://www.walcottcb.com/complete-do...em-p-1890.html
Old 03-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

if i were you, i would go with a magnetic mount antenna, either the Little Wilson or the Wilson 1000, they can be set right in the middle of your roof for the very best reception possible, just open any door or window & run the antenna wire thru it, closing the door or window will not hurt it,, ask the cb shop about what a ground plane is

if you want a semi permanent mount, go with any mount at the cb shop, or go into almost any truck stop, they have a good selection. if you decide to use a semi permanent mount, make sure that you ground it to the frame of the truck, or go with a zero ground plane antenna, they are used on boats & motorcycles

look at the GI Joes CB Radio or Clays Radio Shop websites, it will help you with your decisions
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 03-09-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 06 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:37
ram06bighorn is on a distinguished road

I agree with the Wilson I have a Wilson 1000 and as far as were to mount the CB I'm still working on that. I built a box and mounted the CB, Kicker Box and Scanner it was ok for a while but now I'm looking to chang it again.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i built a box that sat on my center hump in my '99 chevy truck, the top was not actually attached to the bottom, but, it sat securely together, i had made a , key for lack of a better word, out of small pieces of plywood inside the box

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Laramie Longbed
Color: black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:26
Acheron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTYWCADET09 View Post
Here is an option for the antenna mount:

http://www.walcottcb.com/complete-do...em-p-1890.html
This website is pretty cool. I think I shall go with the antennae and mount and get a basic cb from jcwhitney for around $45 to keep cost low. Also, GTyankee, those pics were great, nice looking job there!! I might look into doing something similar. Thanks for all the input guys!!