DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

I would have to agree with what everyone said. I purchased an S&B intake and it made a big difference. If you have a programmer it will make a definite change in throttle response. Mine was about $200 brand new, S&B is pretty cost effective which is great. S&B also claims to have the biggest gain in HP that I've seen.

Only thing is S&B doesn't have the intake for the Ram on their site. I got mine from a certified dealer, well my buddy haha
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:94
Roadrunner Ram will become famous soon enough

Another question.. Do all CIA kit's have throttle body spacers ?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Throttle body spacers are seperate and completely different. Your going to have to get a C.A.I now . To match up with that great exhaust system you have now.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 03-14-2010, 04:55 PM

I thought I saw a CIA kit yesterday and a TBS was included ? Now I cannot remember which one it was..
OK just found it online, it is the AEM Brute force CAI that shows a TBS is included in the kit.. Anyone on here have this model ?

Last edited by Roadrunner Ram; 03-14-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 09 Ram 1500 Reg Cab SB
Trim Level: SLT w/5.7 and 3.92
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:112
HoustonHemi will become famous soon enoughHoustonHemi will become famous soon enough

Please,,, it's CAI, not CIA,,,

Most agree that TB spacer's are a complete waste of $$$.

All agree that the CAI's look and sound good.

Make sure you get one that you like the looks of.

Other than that, they are all pretty much the same, with not one of them independently proven to be much different than the next in regards to 'gains'.

Google GIFO 1, GIFO 2, GIFO 3, and GIFO 4 if you want to research, complete with 100's of independent Dyno and 1/4 mile times, what you can expect from a CAI installed on a speed density fuel injection system.

Last edited by HoustonHemi; 03-14-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:20 PM

CIA sounds better..
Old 03-14-2010, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 1500 Quad 4WD 5.9
Trim Level: Quad cab
Color: Garnet red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:202
deanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura about

I'd tell you about mine, but it's a secret!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 07 Flame Red QC
Trim Level: Sport-R/T
Color: Flame Red
Rep:51
raceram9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHemi View Post
Please,,, it's CAI, not CIA,,,

Most agree that TB spacer's are a complete waste of $$$.

All agree that the CAI's look and sound good.

Make sure you get one that you like the looks of.

Other than that, they are all pretty much the same, with not one of them independently proven to be much different than the next in regards to 'gains'.

Google GIFO 1, GIFO 2, GIFO 3, and GIFO 4 if you want to research, complete with 100's of independent Dyno and 1/4 mile times, what you can expect from a CAI installed on a speed density fuel injection system.
there is only one that guarantees performance gains or your money back but if you do serious off roading in your 4x4 its not for you due to it draws air in from the bumper area and if you stick it in water it has achance of getting in you engine.It the Vararam and IMO its the best on the market
2007 RAM QC FLAME RED,20s, 3.92 rear Vararam CAI, Cherrybomb vortex mufflers dumped out in front of rear tires, Superchips Cortex, R/T badges on grill and tailgate custom designed stripes and hood vinyl.....and more to come
Old 03-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2001 dodge ram 1500
Color: black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
new dodge man is on a distinguished road

I have the k&n CAI and I love it. MY only problem is right after I put it on I added headers with 2 1/2 inch stright pipes going into 40 series flowmasters (yes true dules) with 4 inch by 22 inch long tips. Because of the sound and the looks I can't keep my foot off the gas pedal so I'm not sure about the gas mileage
Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 PM

Vehicle: 09 Ram 1500 Reg Cab SB
Trim Level: SLT w/5.7 and 3.92
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:112
HoustonHemi will become famous soon enoughHoustonHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceram9 View Post
there is only one that guarantees performance gains or your money back .It the Vararam and IMO its the best on the market
K + N guarantees to 'make you horsepower or your money back" too.

http://www.knfilters.com/HPGuarantee.htm

HORSEPOWER GUARANTEE
Applicable only for intake kits purchased and installed in the U.S.A.

K&N Intake Kits are Guaranteed to Increase Power!

Every Intake Kit we design has been tested on a Dynamometer and proven to increase horsepower. We measure horsepower at the wheels. The horsepower rating that may have been on the window sticker when your car was new is often a measurement of horsepower at the engine and there can be a loss of horsepower through the drive train by the time it reaches the wheels.

K&N hereby warrants and guaranties to the original retail purchaser of any K&N air intake kit that the vehicle on which the air intake system is installed will gain an increase in horsepower, or K&N will refund the purchase price, including sales tax, to the retail purchaser, subject to the following terms and conditions:
The K&N air intake system must have been properly installed on the vehicle in accordance with the included K&N instructions.
The system must be the correct part number for the vehicle upon which it was installed.
The vehicle must be in good running condition.
The vehicle must undergo a dynamometer test both before and after the installation of the system, with no changes to the vehicle, except for the installation of the kit. The dyno tests must be performed by the same testing facility and must be performed within 30 days of one another and within 60 days of the date of purchase. The test results or work order for each test must reflect the name and address of the vehicle owner or operator having the test performed; the year, make, model and mileage of the vehicle being tested; and the horsepower results from both tests.
If the dyno tests show that the vehicle did not gain an increase in horsepower, then the retail purchaser must return the complete air intake system to K&N in its original packaging, together with his or her proof of purchase, the ORIGINALS of the two dyno tests statement requesting a refund in accordance with our Horsepower Guarantee. Upon receipt of all of the foregoing, K&N will refund the full purchase price, including sales tax, to the original retail purchaser.
This guaranty does not apply to any other costs incurred by the purchase, including, but not limited to, the dyno tests, parts and labor for the installation and removal of the air intake system, shipping costs, rental car, loss of use or incidental damages, if any, and K&N expressly disclaims any and all liability for same.

When the guys on the LX board noticed the 'gains' (or lack thereof) from the CAI kits, they questioned K + N, Volant, etc.

Only Volant seemed initially 'interested' in the results, but never did anything about it. To my understanding, K + N never would respond.

Get one that you like the looks of. =)

Last edited by HoustonHemi; 03-16-2010 at 10:02 PM.