DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:94
Roadrunner Ram will become famous soon enough
Default $600 Borla setup

There is a new Borla dual with rear exit setup in my local paper today for $600.00 that will fit my Ram. I see Borla usually runs around a grand, $600 is still a lot. Is it worth the money ?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Good price , but I still have a problem with spending that kind of money on a exhaust system knowing that our vehicles come from the factory mandrel bent and stainless steel already . So what are you paying for , an exhaust system that may be 1/2 " bigger in diameter . To me it aint worth it . I would rather put on a aftermarket muffler and keep the green stuff in my pockets .
Old 03-12-2010, 11:32 PM
erm

Borla is an excellent system. Priced at 60% of retail? That's a steal!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:33 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

That is a good deal, I'd have to agree with Tom though.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:35 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

TBR is right. I spent about $465 on my Magnaflow setup. It came with a new single in dual out muffler, new s/s piping from the muffler back to replace my stock dual setup and 5" tips instead of the stock 4". I did also get to delete the resonators by doing this but I prob could've found a cheaper route had I talked to more people and did a little more research.

I would keep cruising the forum for all years and models and see what others like. Also, you can Youtube different brands and listen to clips and find one you like. Hope this helps.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:21 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Now they're all looking at the cost, not the R&D. While magnaflow has a great sound at full 8 cylinders, when the MDS kicks in the deep throaty sound goes all to hell. Now, the Borla system takes the MDS into account and there is no drone when it kicks in. I have the Borla dual rear for my '07 and the sound is constant, nice and mellow, but really throaty at WOT; also the muffler is highflow with good performance. I paid $1400cdn for my system, so if you can get a kit for $600, i would get all over that like stains on a mattress.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:12 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Color: Graphite Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:72
Incognito will become famous soon enough

For that price you can't go wrong! When it comes to exhausts, you get what you pay for. If a Magnaflow is only a couple hundred dollars less then spend the extra money and go for the Borla. Personally, I would put myself into debt purchasing the better exhaust. I would like to see someone say the Magnaflo or Flowmaster is better than Borla or Corsa. Don't pass up this deal, 'cause I'm sure most of us wouldn't.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:08 AM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Its not all about price...........Qualitty and performance. You will get that in the Borla. I would get it for those reasons. I do agree with other statements as well. If your just going for sound..........Dont waste your cash. Performance you bet. Sound,,,,just get a different muffler.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 03-13-2010, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:94
Roadrunner Ram will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone.. That helps out a lot, I think it's a great deal based on the research I've done. Still trying to figure out if I want to spend that much cash though.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Depends mainly on one thing to me...........Performance/quality. If thats what you want i would jump on it. Great deal.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows