DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 1500 SLT
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:11
LSxFBODYgen3 is on a distinguished road
Default New System Soon!

Ok guys ive been planning out a decent little system for the truck. I didnt want to go too crazy but also didnt want stock lol.

I ordered up all my new goodies the other day and should all be in on Monday. Idk when were gonna have the bay open to put it all in but believe me ill make sure to take pictures of when its done.

Since its not even started yet ill at least tell you what im going to be putting in the truck.

.........Here we go........

First off I had an Alpine deck laying around with ipod and sat control already so im going to use that for now until I buy the indash 7in Clarion nav unit.

Im going with Rockford Fosgate Power Series speakers in the front doors and back panels(i dont have the infinity system).

Then im going with a single Rockford Fosgate P3D212 in a custom built ported box.

To power it all im going with a Memphis hybrid 5-channel amp that puts out 75x4/500x1. Perfect for what im doing; plus I wanted to give the new hybrid amps a try for the fun of it. I forgot to mention I spend about 10hrs a week at the local car audio shop; so lets just say im good friends with the guys there lol.

To help with keeping the power available im going with a Kinetik HC-800 power cell. I had one laying around so i figured why not.

Were not sure how were going to do the amp and box yet but we have some ideas kicking around. I also will note that this summer I am going to be using http://www.secondskinaudio.com/ for sound deadener and will be doing the whole interior with a few layers.

Either way sry for the long post with no pictures....I will have pictures up by the end of the week. System should sound pretty good. Again im not going for crazy system or anything just a nice lil sq system with some bump. Let me know what you guys think
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2010, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Quadcab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:21
BK24 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like your gonna have a sweet setup. Let us know how everything works out bc my stock audio setup is in desperate need of some upgrading.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
08h3misport is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a nice set up and will be 1000 x better than stock
Old 03-14-2010, 08:15 PM

Haha thanx guys. Ya it actually should sound pretty good. A lot better then stock that's for sure.

Only thing im worried about is it not being enough bass. Last car I had was loud and recently all ive been listin to for systems is my buddies 02 impala with two memphis 15's and 4000D (of course supporting items also). At 148db(street tuned) im scared listin to one 12 in my truck will sound like nothing is there. Which is why Im detoxing myself from bass lol.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Last P3 I had sounded ok in my regular cab Ram. Was actually quite musical, but it was in a sealed box.

Sounds like a pretty good setup. You are going to take pics and post them up, right?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:58 PM

Idk if ill take pics during install but we will see. I will definitely have pictures when its all done.

I like the way the P3's sound. I used to have two p3's in one of my old cars and they were loud but sounded good also (especially for the price).

Only thing im worried about is port noise due to being a single cab. If this set up doesnt work we will just take it out and do something else lol. Like I said im very good friends with the owner and the two guys he has working for him(its a small shop).

Ill let you guys know how it all goes. Keep in mind this all with install and all will be $1300. Not to bad for a single cab pickup lol.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like yu know what you want haha. It seems like you will have a good sounding system, cant wait to see what you think of it. Let us know how it goes man!

Not abad price for all that too! Nice work man!
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 03-14-2010, 10:17 PM
erm

I like the direction you took with this project. It should sound good! Don't forget to post up those pics when you do the install or BlueJet will get on your butt for not doing so.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:39 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Sounds like a nice set-up!!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:42 PM

Thanks guys...ya im very excited for the system...

I thought we were all set for this weekend to be all done but we have a minor set back which was stupid on our part. We never thought about how the sub box/amp rack(ull see what I mean when its all done) will cover the back speakers...so instead we are now going to throw a set of t1 tweeters in the dash and just run the power series 6x9 in the doors with no back speakers. Which is fine because id rather have way more front fill then rear fill. Later down the road we will also be doing some kick pods with some components in them also. For now it will still sound pretty good....

While we wait for the install I have some pics as I had some extra second skin sound deadening from a friend so I did the back wall before we put the sub box and what not in...here you go...i know how much you guys love pictures lol...

Later I will be doing the doors and floor and possibly another layer on that back wall...we will see how one layer everywhere sounds first. Let me know what you guys think