DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dynomax Exhaust

5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  latitud 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded muffler 3" inlet with dual 2.5" outlets...does anyone have this on their truck. I am thinking about having it come out before the rear wheels but have it tucked away so my truck has a clean look to it.

#4 ·
I would try out youtube at least you can find the sound that you really like! I hope all goes well and you get a bad ass sounding truck!!!

#6 ·
Hey Ramtuner, I got one on my 2009 and like it alot. Not loud like flowmasters, but a nice rumble. I have the factory dual exhaust on my truck. I owned a 98 Ford with single exhaust and had a Dynomax on it also. The owner of the muffler shop uses the Dynomax on all his personal vehicles. He also told me that the Dynomax would increase the HP by 15 to 20 hp. Don't know if it's true about the HP, but I like Dynomax.

#10 ·
looking online I find that dynomax lists a catback kit that deletes the rear resonator but you can buy just the muffler PN 17235... Just wondering if anyone has tried just replacing the muffler and how much fabrication is involved?....The dimensions seem right 4 1/2 x 9 3/4" around 29" total length 24" muffler length 3"in 3"out ..offset Side input - Center output... any ideas...comments..I'd really like to keep the factory resonator and just replace the muffler itself..I like the sound/look of these dynomax mufflers and my regular supplier can get them fairly easily.

#12 ·
Just took a quick measurement of the factory muffler...that sucker is 37" long from tip to tip and the body is 26" long...so I guess no matter what stand alone muffler I get I will have to fab up some extension pipes for it. Back to the drawing board I guess...no earth shattering kaboom today....

#15 ·
i heard one guy when i passed him i asked him he said for the price he got it but he should of waited

#14 ·
my friggen neighbor just got it on his truck it sounds so nice he trying to beat me at the track when the winter comes AHAHAAH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.