DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
HeavyHemi is on a distinguished road

thanks DSPTYWCADET09, that was good to hear. Which do you think is better, its hard for me to tell with the poor laptop sound quality.. but it sounds like the Flowmaster is more throaty and the MBRP is more cracky and farty??? Am i right or is it just my laptop speakers?

UPDATE: I heard back from the dealer I bought the truck from. It did NOT need a strut and ball joints. It needed lube on the front left wheel and brake pads/rotors - which he covered all for free since I bought it so recently. BACK TO THE MOD MINDSET!!! Looking on ebay as we speak for exhaust ideas and superchips - that tax return is burning a hole in my pocket!!!
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Haha, it's funny you mention laptop speakers. I'm on one too, so I'll have to wait until I get home to really get a good idea. Glad to here everything worked out, I wish I could put a pause on the modding mindset, but I'm too far gone.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

my next question is what size tire should I look for? I'm confused by all of the numbers - not to be an idiot. I have the stock 20" chrome wheels, which I will obviously be keeping. I am lookin for a tire to "fill" my wheel well a little more though.. would that be a 30" or 32" tire? 305 50 20 is what I'm looking at on ebay but I can't comprehend what number means what --- can you lend a newbie some advice?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:49 PM

City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

If you want to go with the 305s, I would recommend the 305/55/20s. They will fill better. 305/55/20 will be .2" taller, so your speedometer will be 0.7% faster. Your sidewalls will be .1" taller with these tires. The 305/50/20 will be 1" shorter than stock (not what I would be looking for). So when your speedometer says 60 mph you will actually be going 58.3 mph.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Ok, that all makes sense thanks alot for your help. My only question now is that I would like more than a .2" increase. Maybe somewhere in the range of .5 to 1.0? I see that they don't make 305/60-65/20 - but they do make those in the 285 which is the width I have on there now. So if I am correct off of what you are explaining... a 285/65/20 would be about .5 to .6" taller, the same width as my stock tire now, and would fit my 20" wheel. Sorry for being dumb
Old 03-16-2010, 01:28 PM

It's confusing to me too. Someone told me that information. Maybe they meant that they are .2" taller than the 305/50/20s, not the stock size??? I don't know, I'll try and find more info for you.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:34 PM

You could very well be right, I'll let someone else chime in on this one to correct me. I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

So how do you like your fiberglass tonneau cover? If I got a cover, I would want one like yours. I have been eyeing them up but I have read that you can lose serious MPGs because the "vortex" of wind the bed creates is lost with a tonneau cover. I may get some nasty comments from users saying I'm crazy but I read it in a few places - that the bed creates a vortex of wind helping momentum and mpgs with your truck. Let me know whats up when you get a chance - thanks for your help today. I can't wait until Thursday to get my truck back.....
Old 03-16-2010, 06:36 PM

I like my cover. It was on the truck when I bought it, so I can't really give you a numbers comparison before and after. I've heard claims that there is an increase in mileage. Mostly highway driving I assume, I can't imagine it making that much of a difference in the city. If it wasn't on the truck when I bought it, I honestly probably would have bought a tri-fold. They are so much more convenient when hauling taller items. Mine does look nice since it has matching paint, but like I said, if I had the choice I would get the tri-fold.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 PM

Getting back to that video, you're right. The Flowmaster is definitely more throaty. It's ironic the comparison is between the two that you named, the 50 series and MBRP.