DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
HeavyHemi is on a distinguished road

That is ironic, when you first sent me the link I thought you made the video or something I couldn't figure that part out. haha. I like the idea of the fiberglass because it becomes lockable storage space, but the tri fold does seem to be the choice if you haul anything high. good point

I have owned trucks in the past (97 F150 and 00 Tundra) and have used diff muffler setups. I would only put an MBRP or Flowmaster on my hemi. Reason being, Flowmaster 50 series are specifically designed for large cubic inch engines and actually mentions the RAM HEMI. That video made the decision for me, I called my exhaust guy and ordered the Flowmaster 50 Series Big Block II muffler since its the lowest volume/cab noise - I'm not lookin to shake windows, just get a little tone and airflow going. He lets me pick the stainless tips too, which I always go with slant cut dual rear. I think the key to this will be to leave the resonators on but I dont know
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

You're right, you want to leave the resonators on. It will definitely help achieve the tone you're looking for. Now that you ordered the exhaust, I'm placing an order for a sound clip when it's on. It's gonna sound great.

This site gives you a nice selection of choices. You can click on each one and find out information/prices on each.

http://www.tonneaucoversworld.com/
Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Im thinking maybe your buddy fixed the strut and all..but said it was just the brakes to make you feel like the dealer was a rip off and someone over looked something on his end....Covering his ass. Just my thought on it. Hope it works out for you. Never heard of any viehcle making a noise like that from pads and rotors
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 03-16-2010, 06:37 PM

City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

It's all good Bones, it just needed a little lube (top of pg. 2)
Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Well, to be honest, I dont know that for sure. Thats just what my guy told me. I asked a mechanic friend what the noise was and he's like "i dont know but whatever it is its nasty". This noise it made was literally aweful, sounded like a 57 cadillac going over rocks.

Regardless, its fixed and I pick it up thursday. He took care of me and didn' charge me. I have a feeling he gave someone a wooping in his shop too and had to do some work on his end. Its not often someone puts all new brakes, pads, and rotors the whole way around for free! haha.

To answer the question about the video, I will promise you after I get my exhaust on I will post it... maybe a before and after stock vs flowmaster. Its interesting, I hear a lot of people say flowmaster sucks big time but then i see some people that swear by it - who knows.. its a sh*t shoot. The consumer world is crazy
Old 03-16-2010, 06:56 PM

You're right, it is crazy. A LOT of people who don't like Flowmaster don't like it because of the drone, more specifically the MDS drone.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

now that i do remember reading, you are right. I'm going to slap this thing (CLICK HERE) which is a heat shield that also helps reduce heat and resonance. I found this when I googled the flowmaster and thought it may be a good idea. Do you see any negatives in using this part with my muffler?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:100
wester399 will become famous soon enoughwester399 will become famous soon enough

From all my experiance with dealerships even private i agree they are crooks and do aweful work. No offence to any of you dodge techs on here thats just how it seems to be in southwestern ontario. If the truck doesnt make that noise i would still even take it to a privately family owned garage i find them to be much more reliable. But even then they can be buggers. But the guy you are buying it off seems to be legit and if he will do the work take it. I also cant stress how important taking the car to a mechanic before buying it . I took 5 rams to my mechanic before he told me which one was good, 3 of them he didnt even look at on the hoist he just opened the hood looked around the body and said keep looking. Hope all goes well i got a 2006 hemi sport they are kick ASS
Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

thanks for the tip wester, keep on truckin'. yes.. they are kick ass!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 PM

I don't see any negatives. There seems to be a lot of them online (5 pages worth on Google shopping, prices varying), but I can't find anyone who wrote a review.