I've been hardcore looking at Rams since Dec 09. The snow storms we got here in MD actually saved me lots of money.
I was ready to pull the trigger before each of the big snow storms in Feb but could not get to the dealer. I wanted a Ram so I could run around in the snow; well I think I might have given I had 3 1/2 plus feet of snow in my 400 ft drive way.
I was talking to my dealer on a Friday during the first snow, it had just been snowing for about 3 hours and things were getting a little ugly. I told him what I wanted to make the deal that day and he would not budge. I was ready to buy as I had driven the truck earlier that week.
The next storm I was working with the dealer again but I could not have gotten out anyway and I half hearted my interest. Still stubborn so I started lowering my sights on a lesser truck.
March blew in and I was thankful I waited. Sweet deals this month and if you find the right dealer you can save a bundle.
I found a dealer 40 miles away who instanly gave me what I knew was a "to-die-for" for me. I waited till the next day and the truck was gone. He did not have anything else I was interested in so I sent him what I was looking for. He called back with the exact truck I had sent with another "to-die-for" price, but he had to trade for it. I took it sight unseen.
Long story short, it was the same truck I had test drove 6 miles from me. I did not tell the far dealer about the local truck. I had given up on this truck as too expensive and was moving on. That's what pushed me to the other dealer, his web prices were fantasic and so much better than my local dealer. My price was $4000 better than Feb and 2400 better than local March.
Got my Sport Crew 4x4.
Feel bad but March was good to me.....