DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:140
Ruffian11 will become famous soon enoughRuffian11 will become famous soon enough

That my friend is total BS you have all the right to be angry!! being a baby would be complaining about waiting to long for you truck to be completed! personal property damage on the other hand totally different ball game on top of poor service and the wrong parts i think they should owe you alot more then just fixing what they did wrong! fight for it as hard as you can...especially if your right!
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

OK, a tech can't move the vehicle without changing the seat position & 3 mirrors, even adjust the steering wheel if needed, so the radio station was changed, let those items go

NOW, go to the dealership & get the managers bosses out to your truck & tell them the your truck is not a parts runner & raise all the other issues too, tell them that they have 1 week to correct everything & that you want a brand new 2010 loaner truck while everything is corrected, take your wife with you if she has an attitude get some more services added to your contract
customer is always right when the dealership is even slightly wrong
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
cartert1975 is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear that I'm not cry sacking...

Compensation was mentioned by a lot of folks, I checked the scrathes and the dont snag a finger nail so they should be easily demenished with a good detail. Would I be fair in asking them to pay for a complete detail and not by the lot guys.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 AM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

call dodge and make a formal complaint because when i did they put the dealer in big trouble
Old 03-23-2010, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road

holy crap!

I know what you are going through...I went through 8 months of hell + a new front bumper with my caliber to get MOPAR fog lights installed correctly...

document EVERYTHING - dates, names, times, etc

Get the service manager involved (mine didn't care at all), get the dealer owner involved (how i got the problem solved, plus a cheque for my expenses/lost wages), get Chrysler involved (still have yet to hear from them dispite a full recap and pictures sent to them)

Keep us posted. You are not being a baby...just make sure to keep your cool with these morons.

Take the GMs offer for a tank top off.
The changes to the seat and mirrors annoy me too, but i'd rather that they can see properly when pulling my vehicle into the shop properly
Radio changes - no excuse
Scratch - if its possibile to get out with a detail, make them pay for an outside detailer to do it.
Parts - I'd be ready to ask for a full refund of the items in cash (at market value if you got a deal on them) and go else where. Make sure they don't use no cheap aftermarket stuff if you asked for Mopar!!!

Wanting a new Ram...
Old 03-23-2010, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
Nope - You're not being a baby! You're the customer and Rule #1 states that the customer is always right! Rule #2: If the customer is wrong, see Rule #1!!! Stick to you guns and make them make it right! As soon as they do be sure and tell them you won't be back!
I have to argue rule #1. If this were the case, I'd be out of a job! Example - people complaining about their seats being moved when they bring their vehicles in for service. The tech that works beside me is 6'8" tall and he really has little choice, even when he just pulls one into the shop, let alone when he has to test drive one. I agree there's no need to fool with the radio, except to maybe turn it off while test driving to listen for a particular noise. Sometimes we do have to drive them rather harshly to duplicate a condition or to narrow down the location of a problem and that could very well be mistaken for abuse.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Color: Silver
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remerson228 View Post
I have to argue rule #1. If this were the case, I'd be out of a job! Example - people complaining about their seats being moved when they bring their vehicles in for service. The tech that works beside me is 6'8" tall and he really has little choice, even when he just pulls one into the shop, let alone when he has to test drive one. I agree there's no need to fool with the radio, except to maybe turn it off while test driving to listen for a particular noise. Sometimes we do have to drive them rather harshly to duplicate a condition or to narrow down the location of a problem and that could very well be mistaken for abuse.
absolutely. I'm 6'2" so my seat is fairly far back...i think they must emply short people at my dealer as my seat is always moved forwards

agree with the radio too.

To me that would be fine if i come in complaining of a noise when i'm doing XXX with my truck. But when you are installing a bed liner?

Wanting a new Ram...
Old 03-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I have no issue with the techs other than they couldnt be a little more cautious around peoples new vehicles. The truth is the tech didnt take my truck on his own, some idiot in management told him to take my truck to Memphis, as i mentioned in a earlier post, the dealership wrecked my trade in too (2009 Ram 1500 SLT w/ 1600 miles on it).

One of the managers took it to memphis for an appointment after they were told not to drive it and rear ended another car on the freeway...
Old 03-23-2010, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you need to stay away from this particular dealer.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Sounds like you need to stay away from this particular dealer.
Wont be an issue once my due bill is satisfied.