DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Suspension

Notices

Suspension 4th Gen Dodge Ram Suspension Problems and Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x2
Color: Mineral gray
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
onewheelregulator is on a distinguished road

Same damn problem here...My truck would make a small chirp sound when I would put it in reverse and give it gas. Now it makes creaking sounds everytime I accelerate. checked the gas tank and theres sludge all over it. Im sorry to say but since I've owned this truck and been on this site I can honestly say dodge is shit and this is rediculous no other car I've ever owned has had so many issues in less that 15000 miles!!!!! I should have got the tundra I was looking at!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheelregulator View Post
Same damn problem here...My truck would make a small chirp sound when I would put it in reverse and give it gas. Now it makes creaking sounds everytime I accelerate. checked the gas tank and theres sludge all over it. Im sorry to say but since I've owned this truck and been on this site I can honestly say dodge is shit and this is rediculous no other car I've ever owned has had so many issues in less that 15000 miles!!!!! I should have got the tundra I was looking at!!!
What did the dealership say when you took it in for the chirping sound when you put it in reverse?

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 07-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Molten Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:87
Torq89 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hope you don't plan on living very long. Toyota has built a reputation for themselves now
Old 07-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
What did the dealership say when you took it in for the chirping sound when you put it in reverse?
Just dropped it off, ill let you know soon as I do...I thought it was maybe the u-joint but I dont know
Old 07-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq89 View Post
Hope you don't plan on living very long. Toyota has built a reputation for themselves now
haha true story
Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: 2009RAM 1500 4X4 Hemi 3:92 DIF
Trim Level: Big Horn Laramie
Color: Inferno Red (Crystal Pearl)
Rep:72
RAM2009 will become famous soon enough

Had my pinion seal replaced at 22,00 miles. Saw the fluid on the gas tank while rotating the tires! After hearing all of the stories of "sludge" in there, I'm thinking about pulling the cover and cleaning it out myself! I know there is a LIFETIME Powertrain warranty but I dont want to necessarily have to use it. (By The Way, TOYOTA would never consider putting a LIFETIME Powertrain warranty in any of their vehicles!)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 ram sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
barn is on a distinguished road

Yep I've got the same problem 35.5k miles sheared my pinion and messed the yoke real nice n deep like. I need upgrades for this probleim almost making 20 percent over stock power. Any performance mods to keep it from laeking/breaking?
Old 05-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

My '09 Ram was at a Dyno shop at 41,000 miles to get the Transmission & rear end fluid service, changing over to Royal Purple
When a guy got into the seat, & put it into reverse, there was a grinding noise, i looked around to see what idiot driver had a bad clutch & was trying to put the vehicle in gear, the guy stopped my Ram & asked if i had heard the noise. That was when i turned my head back to the Ram, then he put it in reverse again, same noise.
I took the Ram immediately to the dealership, the driveway was on a slope, tailgate was pointing down hill. The service manager was surprised to see me, i had just had a oil change the week before. I put the Ram in reverse, then neutral, reverse again, then Park, it made the noise every time, but only going into reverse. They put it on a lift, told me that it was a bad drive shaft & to come back in 2 days, the parts had to come out of Los Angeles warehouse.
When i took it back, they had it all day & when i returned, they just said that the drive shaft was fixed under warranty. I have done u-joints on drive shafts many times, the noise is NOT a grinding sound when going bad, it is a heavy clunking noise.
I had not been leaking oil, my parking area is brand new cement & it is as pristine as the day i poured it
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, 1500, Hemi
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:16
dafoot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was a 4 time Tundra owner and can tell ya they have thier problems as well. Every mfg. has problems of some kind. However, Toyota did a great job with the rear end gearing and 6 speed transmission combo.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 09 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 3.55
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:27
Hemi390 is on a distinguished road

Well I climbed underneath the truck today sure enough pinion seal is leaking differential fluid on the side of the gas tank truck goes in thursday to be fixed . I love my truck but this thing visits the dealer more than 2001 dakota 2001 intrepid and the 2005 Ram all together !!!! Also to have them look at rust on bumper !!!!