DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
HeavyHemi is on a distinguished road
Default Disaster at the dealership!!! I want your opinion

So I bought a 2006 Ram Hemi Sport with 34000 miles last month off of a friend who owns a dealership. he gave me the carfax - no issues there. 2 weeks ago, I started getting an aweful sound coming from my front left wheel area. Every time the body moved, the noise was a loud squeak that could be heard for a mile. Due to my schedule, I took it to the Dodge dealership isntead of the guy I bought it off of.

The dealership calls me 3 days later and says I need 2 ball joints, rear brake pads and rotors, and my front left strut is smashed thats why I get the noise - total $1500. First, I found it hard to believe that a Ram with 35000 miles on it needs ALL that work. But I didn't want to get angry yet, I told them I have an extended warranty - which they then came back and said would cover everything but the strut.. OK

I call the guy I bought it off of and explained what happened, and told him how upset I was that I put 1000 miles on this truck and it already needs work. He asked if I took it to D'ambrosio Dodge in Exton, PA - which IS where I took it. He immediately said call them and tell them to not touch the truck - he'll go pick it up and do the work, claiming D'ambrosio are theives.

He picks the truck up while I'm away on business. He called me yesterday to tell me that all the truck needed was pads and rotors and thats where the noise was coming from.... which he would take care of free of charge.

My question is how the h*ll does that horrible noise come from a pad/rotor everytime I move. I could turn the wheel sitting still and it would make this aweful noise.... not indicating a pad/rotor problem.

What are your thoughts?

Needless to say - if I get my truck tomorrow and it still makes the noise. I'm parking it along the highway with the keys in it and telling him to come pick it up I want my money back....
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Wow, I've never heard of anything like that. That D'Ambrosio in Exton is where I bought my truck 2 years ago. They were very welcoming in my opinion, they still send me letters in the mail to make sure everything is ok. I hope the problem gets fixed. Welcome to the forum by the way.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

thanks! Glad to hear someone is local to where I'm at. I live on right along Rte 100 in Exton. Don't get me wrong, the D'ambrosio folks treated me VERY well. They were flexible and helped me out - I have a feeling the guy I bought it off of felt bad that it may have needed some work and took care of it himself so he didn't look bad. I will update this post once I pick up my truck on Thursday. Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here. I just sold my 2000 Mercedes M-class and got a Dodge Ram. i was sick of the fancy shmancy and wanted a DODGE!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:37 AM

City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Your probably right, he most likely took it into his own hands. Mercedes huh? Quite the improvement in my opinion! Did you have any mods planned if everything works out?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Yeah the Benz was a great vehicle for my travel. I put 80,000 miles on it in 2 years then ditched it before it was too late. The Benz was a great car but the Dodge just gives me a good feeling, sits high so I can see, great presence on the road with my sport package... 2 tone leather, hemi, 20" wheels.. I love the Dodge more than the benz for sure!!!

I already put a K&N intake on it - immediately saw some improvement in mileage and throttle response. Once I get my truck back my friend is going to use the Flowmaster 50 series big block muffler and make me custom duals with stainless tips. Then i will have intake with exhaust.

After that, I am looking at superchips so its there when I need it. I like the superchips with the mileage XS fuel save option as well as the performance setting - for when my girlfriend isn't with me

Do you have any experience with flowmaster or duals? I want the 50 series big block because of low volume - low cab resonance.... but I want some performance increase - I want my hemi to BREATHE!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 AM

I have the Superchips for mine. I love the Mileage XS tune, very good improvements. I'm running Magnaflow on mine. Don't get me wrong, the Flowmasters sound great, but it all came down to the warranty. Flowmasters have been known to rot out, I've seen it first-hand. If I was to go with Flowmaster, I would have had a 3-year warranty. With the Magnaflow, I have a lifetime warranty, so that's what got me. You'll talk to people you love their Flowmaster and will swear by it. I just didn't want my money to go to waste. I've got enough expensive plans I'm saving up for.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for the feedback! I will def get the Superchips now. I am getting about 20 MPG highway right now with cruise control on 63-65. I would like to get it up another 1-2 MPGs with exhaust and superchips.

I hear you on the flowmaster situation, especially for how expensive they are - I didnt realize about the warranty. Thanks for the info. I was also lookin into MBRP exhaust but I can't find any info on them. I just want something that isn't obnoxious in my cab while I'm driving normally with family and friends. I want something with some tone but nothing too loud - any suggestions?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:53 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: 2500 4x4 HEMI
Color: White
Rep:68
jkulysses will become famous soon enough

Check out the aero turbine 3030 or 3030XL they sound badass but have very little to no drone depending on resonator setup. I've got the 3030XL which has a built in resonator and no factory resonators at all and it sounds really really good.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

sorry man, I'm reading really really bad reviews across the net about aero turbine on dodge ram hemi's. I dont know what you did differently but I see a lot of arguing over the 1900rpm drone that looks like its inevitable... thanks for your input. I feel like there are those who like Flowmaster, Magnaflow, MBRP, etc - I guess its all heresay. I dont see anyone person saying/proving that this or that exhaust is better than the others. I'm tempted to buy an MBRP or predesigned cat back for my ram. It just seems to be tuned for my truck and not JUST a muffler - I dont know.. I'm goin to keep thinking and researching.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:22 PM

Check out this video: