DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Suspension

Notices

Suspension 4th Gen Dodge Ram Suspension Problems and Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

MDM welcome to the ForumZ

we don't usually look up at the very top of the screen where the topic is plainly displayed as
Dodge Ram Forum - Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram
Does anyone else's Ram sit lower on the driver's side?

thats my story & i'm stickin' to it

most of us go into the USER CP & fill in the form, its at the upper left of the page, then we only have to look at the post & we look over to the right of your name & there is all information needed for us to reference your comments & queries

Hope that you enjoy the site
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Quad Cab 1500 2WD
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:268
txhemi is a jewel in the roughtxhemi is a jewel in the roughtxhemi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
This is the 09 Ram forum isn't it? It's got 5500 miles on it. I measured the wheel well too, still 1" difference.
Sorry, I don't pay attention to the section the thread is from. I just hang out in the "New Posts" area and help when/where/if I can. That being said, I would take it to the dealer and let it be their problem. You should have to be dealing with problems yet. Especially odd ones!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3247
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

But what's a custom truck without a few quirks? I'd say have the dealership look into it since it sounds like you may have a spring that's settled differently than the rest. I know my '07 sits higher on the driver side since it's balanced to take a 200lb driver to level it out and I weigh 145lbs
Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/Gray
Rep:14
2nd Ram is on a distinguished road

Friend of mine has an '09 4X4 and it sits lower on the driver's side, too. He tried to get the dealer to do something about it, they got upper management involved, and in the end, they told him, "it's within specs". Hope you get better results.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Ram View Post
Friend of mine has an '09 4X4 and it sits lower on the driver's side, too. He tried to get the dealer to do something about it, they got upper management involved, and in the end, they told him, "it's within specs". Hope you get better results.
I hate when people say stupid crap like that! It is your truck and you paid a bunch of moey for it. If something is not to your liking they have to fix it. I would go to the dealer and get them to look at it. Maybe you should add a 1" lift to the one side haha.

Do a 5" lift on the driver side and a 4" on the passenger haha
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 03-30-2010, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Reg Cab S/B 4X4
Trim Level: Sport/SLT
Color: Black Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:199
Blackzilla has a spectacular aura aboutBlackzilla has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to Blackzilla

My 09 even all the way......ck with dealer.
Mods....Mopar CAI,Mufflex 14'' Retro,Mufflex 5'' Blk Tips,3M C/F Stripes,Blk Shortie Antenna,Low Profile Tonneau,20% Tint,De-Badge,5% Tint Front Stripe,In-Channel AVS,LED Rear Light Bar,Blk Interior Dash Kit, SilverStars High/Low/Fogs,Blk Chrome Shadow Badges,BT Blk Raptor Shifter Knob,Blk Dash Mat
Old 03-30-2010, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I've got an 09 Quad and it is the same way. Sits about 1/2" -3/4" lower on the driver's side. Full tank or empty, been that way since new. Someone on I believe this forum said to loosen the track bar and settle the truck and retighten. Did absolutely nothing. Looks to me like a spring issue. Dealer was no help.

Lots of people have the same issue so you are not alone. Several posts on the forums about this.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

my old truck a 2003 dodge ram 3500 2x4 leaned about an 1 1/2 to the driver side i never did anything about it so i wouldnt know but since its covered bring it to the dealer
Old 03-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:13
MDM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun View Post
I've got an 09 Quad and it is the same way. Sits about 1/2" -3/4" lower on the driver's side. Full tank or empty, been that way since new. Someone on I believe this forum said to loosen the track bar and settle the truck and retighten. Did absolutely nothing. Looks to me like a spring issue. Dealer was no help.

Lots of people have the same issue so you are not alone. Several posts on the forums about this.
Good to know I'm not alone. I remember seeing this brought up before and it looks like no one has had any luck getting it fixed. Mine is a crew cab.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough

Quote:

My 2010 Ram has a bit of this "lean" also. It is annoying but very common.

Almost all GM trucks have this. Its called the "Chevy Lean", lol. Google that and you will see lots of posts about it. I had it on my GMC and did lots of research to try and resolve it... what a waste of time.

Some people try to explain it as a deliberate lean, so that you as the driver sit perfectly balanced while driving: The argument being that the driver side is closest to the middle of the road, where the pavement "crowns" a bit higher for drainage. By having the driver side a few inches lower it compensates for this crown in the road. Personally I call that BS, but that is what you will find if you look into the "Chevy Lean" as much as I have.