DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: dark grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
460hpmach1 is on a distinguished road
Default 99 dodge ram need help finding stuff

ok so i'm new to this forum, new to owning the dodge ram that has been in my family since 99. i got it given to me and i'm very happy. the only problem is i don't know the whole specs of it.
i know its a 1500 crew cab v8
don't know which Liter it is though

what i'm needing is not performance parts but a link to where to find like normal parts for tuning it up. like a power steering pump and so fourth, it starts up great, just when i go on on leave for R and R from iraq i'll be able to inspect it and get a better ideal of what i'm getting into.

just need to find a link to for a good place to find parts for these trucks thanks

ASh
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2010, 09:59 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

I could be way off, I am NOT a tech or certified in anyway but my initial guess would be a 5.9.
Maybe post a vin or look for a vin decoder on this sight and it might break it down. Just a stab in the dark.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:00 AM

Default K

also wonder, my family use to towe trailer full of cattle all the time, i know it had to be pulling over 3500lbs at one time, i'm just curious how much they can towe, i guess i need more info on the truck, the reason i ask is cuz i'm going to be wanting to use it to toe my mach1 to the track or to certain things if need be, so i wonder if it can towe the car with no problem on a trailer,
Old 03-31-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICOVERU View Post
I could be way off, I am NOT a tech or certified in anyway but my initial guess would be a 5.9.
Maybe post a vin or look for a vin decoder on this sight and it might break it down. Just a stab in the dark.
problem is i'm in iraq right now and just found out that my grandma wants to give me this truck, i was so happy. been wanting another vech and a truck would be great for mudding and pulling my stang.

like i said i'll be able to check out some more and have the vin and all that stuff when i go home, also need to switch the title to my name, i just want to start using it as a DD for when i ETS out of the army and move back to TX. just want to get it going and tuned up. also i figure its going to need a new engine or tranny will be going out and i know it can't cost that much to find a good used one to put back in it.

my stang man the engines for them are pricie and my build motor well that is around $6K to do, so i know it can't cost that much for the truck
Old 03-31-2010, 10:04 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know of ANY Ram product that couldn't pull another vehicle, but please understand....I am not a professional! Hmmmm......If it pulled cattle, then certainly a car shouldn't be an issue, right?
Secondly and most importantly, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE to our nation! Where are you stationed? Whom are you with? We are a strong military family, so that's the reason I ask. This is a great community, the Z, especially when to comes our Civil Service jobs, Police...Fire Fighters and Military! You'll really like it here.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:16 AM

Vehicle: Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

I got your question on my page but since you posted it here you will have a better chance of getting answers....more exposure!

We do have a new vendor here that sell parts, you might want to give them a shout!
http://www.moparonlineparts.com/
Old 03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport- Off Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1930
wermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant future

Me and my dad both have the 5.9 and pull loaded car trailers all the time. I also haul a 26ft travel trailer, that ain't light. I do have the 4:10 but my dads handles just fine with the regular one
You could also have the 5.2. On the underside of the hood there is usally a white sticker that says what the engine is.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICOVERU View Post
I don't know of ANY Ram product that couldn't pull another vehicle, but please understand....I am not a professional! Hmmmm......If it pulled cattle, then certainly a car shouldn't be an issue, right?
Secondly and most importantly, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE to our nation! Where are you stationed? Whom are you with? We are a strong military family, so that's the reason I ask. This is a great community, the Z, especially when to comes our Civil Service jobs, Police...Fire Fighters and Military! You'll really like it here.
thanks and i thought the same thing bout the pulling part,

Army, 2nd deployment, i'm station out of ft. lewis, WA i'm at camp Taji, iraq.
i'm in 4/2 SBCT 2-1 Cobra Troop
i'm a gunner on the lead Stryker. "love my .50cal" lol

been here little over 6months, fixin to go on leave, i'm getting out of the army around march2011 with over 6 1/2 years in.

also i'm a 19D Cav scout.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
I got your question on my page but since you posted it here you will have a better chance of getting answers....more exposure!

We do have a new vendor here that sell parts, you might want to give them a shout!
http://www.moparonlineparts.com/
thanks i'll chick on the link too it and check it out.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermbang View Post
Me and my dad both have the 5.9 and pull loaded car trailers all the time. I also haul a 26ft travel trailer, that ain't light. I do have the 4:10 but my dads handles just fine with the regular one
You could also have the 5.2. On the underside of the hood there is usally a white sticker that says what the engine is.
honestly i don't see it having a problem pulling,

it pissed me off with the chevy that you have to get a towe package, dodge and ford you don't have to. so i just wanted to make sure of it. also like i said when i go home i'll find out all the good stuff, vin, engine size, mileage, and whats wrong with it. just wanted to get on the forum and learn a few things and get myself settled here. thanks guys