DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Hunter Green
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
Ramrod553 is on a distinguished road
Question Programers?

Good or bad? anyone had any issues or experiences with programers for the 5.7L HEMI engine? Also any techs out there that confirm or deny if a programer will void my warranty?
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

The DiabloSport Predator seems to be the most popular programmer for the Hemi. The Predator will not void your warranty; you'll have the "Original Backup" tune to set everything back to stock when you need to.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:51
My4sons will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTYWCADET09 View Post
The DiabloSport Predator seems to be the most popular programmer for the Hemi. The Predator will not void your warranty; you'll have the "Original Backup" tune to set everything back to stock when you need to.
Yes, and they will still be able to detect something. Look up previous posts. There is no undetectable programmer. I would not risk my lifetime warranty, seeing that I already had to change my torque converter at 4200 miles. Just my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.
Superchips Flashpaq, Mopar CAI, Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Mopar Painted Air Deflector, Mopar Bedliner, Dynomax Muffler, Tinted Windows, Bakflip Tonneau Cover, Chrome Billet Antenna, 22" Cattivo's, MGP Caliper Covers, Partial Debadge, Hemi Bed Stripes.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:26 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

I was just going by this website:

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=1241
"Warranty Safe! By restoring the "Original Backup" to a tuned vehicle, no dealership will ever be able to tell it was tuned by a programmer! "

I'm not standing by these statements, but I've seen a lot of posts online that say if you buy it from an authorized dealer, you should be in good shape.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple of good programmers out there for the HEMI. Superchip makes a good tuner that is for the basic tuning, and the Diablosport predator is the best for more involved tuning, but covers the basics with great effect. Several people on here have had contact with Diablosport with worries about their warranties and the response from them was it is undetectable and they guarantee it. Also, some of our tech members have said the predtor doesn't leave a shadow like the other programmers. The only thing they can see is a discrepancy in the count, which can be attributed to disconnecting the negative terminal and resetting the computer.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Sunburst Orange
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
FL09RAMSPORT is on a distinguished road

The Diablo is the only tuner which you can create a custom tune. SuperChips is all canned tunes.

I know for a fact that new tunes will be realeased from Diablo very soon. There have been some complaints about some knocking.