DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:42
XabuJr is on a distinguished road
Default uConnect / iPod help

So I got my '09 RAM new. Has uConnect in it, looks to be from the factory when I look at the unit. The cables are ran inside the harnesses, the mic is in my mirror, etc.

I got from the dealer part # 82212001, which is the iPod interface cable for the stereo I have that has factory uConnect. The problem is I can NOT find the place to plug it in.

So far, I've found manuals for the cable that is for the Mopar uConnect, and that cable 82212000 looks like it'd plug right into the uConnect box I have. But I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing.

Anyone have either of these cable types and got it to work? I can't seem to find the part # on the uConnect to see what it says. The sticker I see on it doesn't have a part # that I recognize.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
iaxai is on a distinguished road

Did you find an answer to this?
I am looking at getting the same cable for my 2009 Ram 1500 with RES radio and factory uconnect behind the glove box.

Looks like there is a small port free that a cable can plug into, but dosen't look to be the size required of the plug I have seen pictures of.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I have factory Uconnect and the Ipod cable came with my truck. There is a plug in the left side of the upper glove box. Cable plugged right in and my Ipod works with the Radio button on the bottom left right below the SAT one.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxai View Post
Did you find an answer to this?
I am looking at getting the same cable for my 2009 Ram 1500 with RES radio and factory uconnect behind the glove box.

Looks like there is a small port free that a cable can plug into, but dosen't look to be the size required of the plug I have seen pictures of.
Well, I got cable part # 82212001, that has the big cable you saw, and I'll tell you right now that it doesn't fit..

I ordered cable 82212000 as that has the end that appears to fit the uConnect box I have. I'm wondering if they labeled it incorrectly.. so when that part # comes in (probably as late as Monday), I'll let you know how it works!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
jp89hornet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
I have factory Uconnect and the Ipod cable came with my truck. There is a plug in the left side of the upper glove box. Cable plugged right in and my Ipod works with the Radio button on the bottom left right below the SAT one.
Howdy! I was directed to this site by one of the users at nitroforumz.com since dodge has the same radios on all their vehicles... I have an 08 Nitro with factory 6-disk changer (REQ I believe) and factory UConnect... I have the cable plugged into the UConnect module, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch to the iPod on the radio! The AUX button just goes to the 3.5mm headphone port. Our local dealership has never done an iPod install before and couldn't figure it out either? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

-Jake
Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp89hornet View Post
Howdy! I was directed to this site by one of the users at nitroforumz.com since dodge has the same radios on all their vehicles... I have an 08 Nitro with factory 6-disk changer (REQ I believe) and factory UConnect... I have the cable plugged into the UConnect module, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch to the iPod on the radio! The AUX button just goes to the 3.5mm headphone port. Our local dealership has never done an iPod install before and couldn't figure it out either? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

-Jake
Mine does the exact same. No idea what's supposed to trigger it to start, but something should. Hopefully if this is a software issue w/ either apple or dodge they get it fixed shortly. This is retarded.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: R/T
Color: White
Rep:16
BeBeep is on a distinguished road

Has there been an update on this issue? Has anyone found the correct fitting cable?

2010 Ram R/T - 2011 GWE Challenger SRT8
Old 09-21-2010, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 SLT CREW 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:35
Gp1200r2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Ipod touch

Guys I cant find that plug in,I looked in my top glove box and dont see it and then I tried to plug my usb cable into the usb port on the front of my factory stock touch screen radio but it does not have the nav,I also tried to plug in my Iphone and see if I can get the Ipod to work in my phone and it didnt any help would be wounderful

Thanks Craig
Old 09-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr View Post
Mine does the exact same. No idea what's supposed to trigger it to start, but something should. Hopefully if this is a software issue w/ either apple or dodge they get it fixed shortly. This is retarded.
there *should* be an ipod tab near the aux or ves tabs on the screen...

Wanting a new Ram...
Old 09-22-2010, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Give this a shot.

https://www.dodge.com/hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"