DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Brakes

Notices

Brakes Brake Maintenance and Replacement

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab SLT 4X4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
dodgehemi is on a distinguished road
Default Brake Pads

I have an 04 4 door 4x4 with 20 wheels.. I need to brake pads all the way around. What pads is everyone using and suggesting to use? Also, suggestions on new rotors would be great. Just bought the truck two weeks ago. Thanks guys.
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here! I'd check out EBC brake pads and rotors. They seem to have some good reviews
Old 04-06-2010, 05:57 PM

Vehicle: 03 dodge ram HEMI
Color: atlantic blue
Rep:89
droshemiram will become famous soon enough

Ceramics anything ceramics for me less noise and brake dust, Good stoping power.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

I recomend getting EBC brake pads for your truck. They make a set called Greenstuff. The front they have premium Greenstuff pads which are 7000 and the rear is just the Greenstuff 6000. You can get the 6000 all around the 7000 is a premium pad.

EBC makes good rotors as well. They have drilled and slotted rotors for our trucks. Check them out, they are not that expensive as well
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I third the EBCs since I run them at all corners of both my trucks (ram 1500 & F-350 SD) and they wear nicely, are quiet, and stop both trucks quickly, even when the 350s hauling. Full pad/sport rotor set will run you about $550-600 which is about $100 more than stock replacements and gives you much better braking power. But if you don't want to spend that much, any ceramic pads will give you better bite, just make sure the rotors are true.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab SLT 4X4
Color: Black
Rep:10
dodgehemi is on a distinguished road

Awesome info so far. Where did everyone buy theres at? No problem spending that much. The back ones I need to replace in the next month and the fronts have about 30% left.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Cummins Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:27
cuda71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPak07 View Post
I recomend getting EBC brake pads for your truck. They make a set called Greenstuff. The front they have premium Greenstuff pads which are 7000 and the rear is just the Greenstuff 6000. You can get the 6000 all around the 7000 is a premium pad.

EBC makes good rotors as well. They have drilled and slotted rotors for our trucks. Check them out, they are not that expensive as well

I like that "they are not that expensive as well"
Old 04-07-2010, 12:10 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgehemi View Post
Awesome info so far. Where did everyone buy theres at? No problem spending that much. The back ones I need to replace in the next month and the fronts have about 30% left.
Got mine off AutoAnything, and shipped to Canada, which takes longer but US shipping is normally within a business week. If you take the time to fill out your UserCP info we could have a reference to your year/model and get ya some more info if you have any questions/comments in the future.