DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

also, get the block magnafluxed, you don't want to put it all together & then find that you have cracks
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnage View Post
Yea i know about the variations in the LA and magnum blocks, I have decided to go with cast and will not go for forced induction. as for the block clearance that part I have not came to a conclusion, I heard from some people you don't need to do it and many others told me I do. I probably will have to it I gotta call around machine shops to get the best price. and again I will keep the stock size bore to minimize machine work cuz thats is wut will bite me in the a$$. I will get a mild cam, rhs heads, roller rockers, and all said and done it will be a 402cid.

Thanks for the help though I am sure I will need to get the block machined.

crank: $300
Bearings: $80
Rods: $400
Pistons: $200
Cam: $300
Rockers: $300
Heads: $600
Gaskets & rings etc.:$???
Having fun driven a 402 dodge ram: Priceless
its the longer crank throw that will cause clearance issues. Much like this...

This isn't one of our engines...just an example of having to make rod clearance for the longer stroke.

But...seems like you have it figured out pretty good. Definitely keep us posted on your build. Anything happens with my 5.9...its not going back in as a 5.9

No replacement for displacement!

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 1500
Color: Red/Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
carnage is on a distinguished road

A lot of things happend since my last post, all in all I decided to not go for the 402
But I just bought an 84 RamCharger for 700 bucks and it comes with a 727 tranny and I am figuring out a way to throw in a 440 BB in it. right now it has a good running 318 its 4x4, its a good hunting truck. The only things that need to be fixed are the steering shaft, possibly steering box, and most deffinately brakes need to be overhauled. I was trying to create a post but for some reason ramforumz wouldn't let me at the moment. btw I still have the 01, I need it to be my runner while I work on this project.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:00 AM

Vehicle: 2002 DODGE RAM
Trim Level: QC SLT 2WD
Color: Almond Pearl, Blacked Out
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:65
RAMING IT will become famous soon enough
Cool

Man bro I would of loved to see you go through with your stroker. Im leaning that way myself pretty soon.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 3500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:52
sdram03 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMING IT View Post
Man bro I would of loved to see you go through with your stroker. Im leaning that way myself pretty soon.
+1 on the stroker part. i would love to do "work" to my 360, but i won't have that kind of cash for a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNG time!!! so, i'll work on other things... like for looks, suspension, etc.

440, eh? i had one in my ole 76 power wagon - factory ta boot. removed it cause it was getting tired and needed a rebuild, but never got around to it. i had put a 400 (what a F'in dawg - GUTLESS) in it's place for the mean time and then i had to sell the PW.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2002 DODGE RAM
Trim Level: QC SLT 2WD
Color: Almond Pearl, Blacked Out
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:65
RAMING IT will become famous soon enough

the only reason im leaning that way cuz ima have a few bucks coming my way hopfully it ll be enough, cuz theres so much stuff u gota cover. Making sure everything matches and works in harmony