DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:51
My4sons will become famous soon enough

Take a wild guess. Yup, ages 4,6,14,19. Man, am I tired. Nah, love my boys.
Superchips Flashpaq, Mopar CAI, Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Mopar Painted Air Deflector, Mopar Bedliner, Dynomax Muffler, Tinted Windows, Bakflip Tonneau Cover, Chrome Billet Antenna, 22" Cattivo's, MGP Caliper Covers, Partial Debadge, Hemi Bed Stripes.
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2010, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Mine is self explanitory. Grade eight i was 5 foot 8. I entered into grade 9 at 6foot 6inches. Growing pains were a killer. Being thin i was called bones. The name has stuck with me ever since. 64 is the year i was born. Ironically i work as a Orthopedic technoligist..setting bones , cast and other stuff relating to bones and all.Never would have thoght the nickname way back would have anything to do with what i do for a living.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 04-09-2010, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: Black/Silver stripes
Rep:134
TenneSST will become famous soon enoughTenneSST will become famous soon enough

Combination of the state I live in and Ram SS/T.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold

PAR (not golf related - if I did that it would be DblBogey) is the first 3 letters of my last name + DAD. Seemed as good as anything else I could come with years ago when I started surfing the Internet and much easier for this child of the 60's to remember in my somewhat altered state.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis
Old 04-10-2010, 12:01 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST QC, 6 spd
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:22
bigporter86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICOVERU View Post
I am curious about some of the usernames I see here, while some are more obvious. So my question is this, why did you select your username? Mine, for some is not so obvious, ICOVERU=I SEE OVER YOU. Here's why.....

AHHHHH I get it now, like it was stated as well before, I though I Cover U, and I was always like WTF!!!!! Makes sense now!! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by uktitus View Post
My Doberman is named Titus and I come from the UK. Funny thing Nick Names, do any of you guys have names in certain circle off friends or associates that would not be noticed in any other group or they just don't know your real name and only know you by your Nick Name. In my late teens early twenties I was Seth to many people not many new me by my name john. I got labeled Seth by someone because in those days I always had my shirt undone to my naval. Later in my early thirties at a Rugby club one of my team mates named me as Bonzo as I always had my 2 Dobermans with me. the club ran six teams so it had a large membership very few people new my real name and some guys did not know how to address me and were embarrassed in case I was offended by being called Bonzo

HAHA thats funny, because through out school, and even some jobs, i had some really good friends who i always chilled with, and everyone always called me by last name Porter, and there was times when teachers would call the house, write my reports, friends would call the house and say either porter or ask is porter home. when my dad would answer hed be a smart ass and be like which one, theres 4 of us. and some people didn't know my first name.

one day when i was working at McDonald's, one of my friends from hockey worked there too, and he said Matt, and my friend, who i was good friends with and had known for a year a half, before i could turn around n respond, said who's matt??? me n my friend looked at her, and i was like I am, hence my name tag saying matt, hahaha. so yeah i can relate to that quite well. not to mention all the names i was called like porter potty(yeah laugh it up lol), porker, and what not.

now for my name, I have always been Porter86 no matter what i sign up after i no longer had a computer good enough to handle counter-strike. SO when I got my PS3 in Oct, after my 360 crap out, Porter86 was taken, i was flabbergasted, so i was like WTF am i going to do. Well the big is kinda self explaining if you ever meet me, I'm 6'1" (average) but 260lbs, so im a fairly big guy, especially when i use to play hockey, i had these massive shoulder pads that made me look massive!! lol
Old 04-10-2010, 07:42 AM

Vehicle: 2008 1500 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:114
RLRambler will become famous soon enoughRLRambler will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to RLRambler Send a message via Skype™ to RLRambler

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but mine has nothing to do with me owning a Ram!
I used to be in the British Merchant Navy, therefor rambled around the world, and a member of a local motorcycle club made up of family and friends. I came home from sea the day of our annual camp out, my best mate was the DJ and as I entered the Marquee, he put on Rambling Man by the Allman Brothers and I was called rambling man or rambler from that day forth.
When I moved to the USA(hopefully my last move except for vacations) I added RL, from Raquette Lake,the town I now live in!

Les.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

These were all awesome posts, thanks! I enjoyed reading them with my coffee. I had to becareful on a few of them, almost lost my coffee all over my computer screen from laughing!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:22
Vikefan4eva is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermbang View Post
Again it took a couple Packers to make the Vikings good.
Someone has to know how to utilize the full potential of talent.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
Birdman is on a distinguished road

I got a nickname when we were in our mobilization process, playing basketball. A spectator said "you fly through the air like a bird, man" I guess they put the two together and now I am the BIRDMAN.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Black Express 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:130
09 TRX AGGIE will become famous soon enough09 TRX AGGIE will become famous soon enough

my truck is an 09 TRX4 and i'm a graduate of Texas A&M (aggies). my trucks nickname is t-rex and i didnt think the 4 fit so... 09 TRX AGGIE