DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 Sport
Color: Red
Rep:0
Kleeeen is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not taken the truck in for service yet (1500 miles) but when I took the Shelby in for service this past summer a service advisor (female but that's neither here nor there) went above and beyond the call of duty. On her lunch hour she took a rim I purchased from downtown to the N.E part of the city to have one of the lug holes drilled properly. As she kept me informed I went to one of the popular restaurants in Calgary and picked her up a 50.00 gift card for her troubles. She was floored when I handed her the card but what the hell. Great customer service (on her time) requires a reward in my mind.
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Ramtech I can appreciate your frustration and agree with what you are saying the only place that has touched our 2006 suzuki grand vitara is Morostica Motors the dealer we puchased it from. I would love to support the dealership where i purchased my Ram but Unfortunatley from the day I picked up my Ram Lakehead Motors has cosistantly FAILED in their srevice to me they have not done what they promised and work I paid them good money to do I could have done better myself and as a result the only work they will EVER perform on my truck will be warranty work If I need something done that only a dealer can do I WILL be driving to Atikokan ON or Duluth MN the nearest dealer for dodge to my city as we have only one. In all honesty if I had known then what I know now I would be driving my third new ford right now and I say that even though I LOVE my new Ram. I am positive there are many excellent Dealers with fantastic service techs out there but they're not here.
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 02-12-2011, 02:04 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I understand what you mean and for better or worse, not all dealerships are created equal. My problem stems from people that assume all dealerships are out to rip off customers. If only they had a clue about how dealerships work and what it takes to run a succesful service department.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:14 AM

Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

I hear what you are saying Randy. I have had many great interactions with dealerships. I sure wish there was one nearby me for my Ram that had people of your caliber. Believe me when I say that in my short time here I have come to respect you for what you contibute in your spare time to this forum and its members. I for one have read many of your posts some of them answers to MY questions and learned a great deal. Please keep up the good work and if we ever meet the beer is on me.. Thank You
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 02-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Color: Deep Water Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
BigJim1500 will become famous soon enough

Randy,
Some Stealerships earn their name! I bought my Ram from a Stealership because I was looking for specifics in color and equipment. When I found exactly what I wanted I asked "how much? I'll write a check" I never once haggled the price and they still made the purchase a horrible experience. Their parts department wanted 100% mark-up OVER MSRP on most items in the catalog and service looked at the loose gas neck issue and asked how I was going to fix it (glue or tape?) on a new frickin truck! The whole Stealership sucks and should be out of business.

I am fortunate to live where I have many choices... DC beltway. I found Safford C-J-D of Warrenton, VA. LOVE THEM! Ray, the Service Manager did not charge me for the first oil change saying the purchase dealer should have sent me a coupon. I take my Ram in regularly for service and they fix every recall or service bulletin without prompting... even the gas neck tube! Parts undertsands MSRP and initially looked at me funny for asking their "mark-up". My only regret is not buying my Ram from Safford. But now I know where to special order my next one. Safford has earned my business and I'll gladly pay them for assistance on mods I shouldn't attempt myself.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Car dealerships are no different than parts stores, plumbing shops, electrical contactors, heat and air contractors, etc etc etc. The list is endless. Talk to people you trust, look at the local BBB for complaints, do some research and be willing to drive a little. The research you do before you buy your truck will go a long way when you have to go back for future service and/or repairs.
Jay
Old 02-26-2011, 04:24 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim1500 View Post
Randy,
Some Stealerships earn their name! I bought my Ram from a Stealership because I was looking for specifics in color and equipment. When I found exactly what I wanted I asked "how much? I'll write a check" I never once haggled the price and they still made the purchase a horrible experience. Their parts department wanted 100% mark-up OVER MSRP on most items in the catalog and service looked at the loose gas neck issue and asked how I was going to fix it (glue or tape?) on a new frickin truck! The whole Stealership sucks and should be out of business.

I am fortunate to live where I have many choices... DC beltway. I found Safford C-J-D of Warrenton, VA. LOVE THEM! Ray, the Service Manager did not charge me for the first oil change saying the purchase dealer should have sent me a coupon. I take my Ram in regularly for service and they fix every recall or service bulletin without prompting... even the gas neck tube! Parts undertsands MSRP and initially looked at me funny for asking their "mark-up". My only regret is not buying my Ram from Safford. But now I know where to special order my next one. Safford has earned my business and I'll gladly pay them for assistance on mods I shouldn't attempt myself.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree that dome places do earn that title. My problem is with people that foolishly assume all dealerships are like that.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Color: Deep Water Blue Pearlcoat
Rep:59
BigJim1500 will become famous soon enough

Randy, those are the same people whining in the waiting room, too impatient to invest the time to find a quality business or appreciate the effort being done for them. As upset as I was with the first dealership, I have never used their name on any forum. I vote with my hard earned dollars and am thrilled to have found a great team at Safford. Every time I have waited, other people in the waiting room are all smiles. Never a complaint. Ever think that rude people and bad dealers are just made for each other? hehehe
Old 02-27-2011, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 Crewcab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:13
Mcbride is on a distinguished road

My expectations are simple.
Do not lie to me.
Be upfront about all charges.
If it should be a warranty repair, do so.
Fix it perfectly, not just "Good enough".
No price gouging, charge a fair price.

Thats all I ask, nothing more, nothing less.
What i usually find is lies, hidden fees, price gouging, and poor quality work.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Bright White Two tone
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
Redcomet0079 is on a distinguished road
Default Dearlership vs. Service dept.

Ok, My local dealership sucks as far as the salesman and sales manager goes. Were not helpful and really could have cared less. But to my knowledge the service dept. is fine and heard no complaints. I have yet to recieve my truck from being ordered at another dealer 150 mi. away. I don't want to do the trip every time it needs to be serviced. The next closest place as about 45 mi. away and I just got a good enough deal that made it worth the trip to Frankilin Tn rather than closer. Should I consider the local dealer for service work or go the 45 minutes to the next dealer for service? I know, kind of a stupid question. Just wondering how the service would be since the salesman now me at this point.