DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
HORNYHEMI is on a distinguished road
Default Nerf bars, Side Steps? PICS?

The truck is going higher and getting bigger tires and i hate to buy steps for it but the fiance is only 5'4" and pregnant so she said i have to get steps for it which is ok i guess. Just wanted to see pictures of different brands and how they fit. I want some that tuck tightly against the vehicle. Any recomended steps would be appreciated. Pictures would help out alot.
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1996
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: White/ Silver and White / Silver custom
Engine: 1996-1998 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 215hp 440lb/ft(manual), 180hp 420lb/ft(auto)
Rep:10
TD52 is on a distinguished road

I use a set of Bully and my wife is disabled and can only get in when I put them on after I took off the running boards .. that I hated
The Bully's are very easy to put on and if they can let me in and out without a problem .. then anyone under 250 will not have a problem .. over that all I can say I have jumped on them with out a problem
Old 04-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Check out our vendors and see if they have something you might like. I am going with a more aggressive looking "rock-slider" type bars. I just removed my Westins and they were sturdy, durable, not rusted.....good bars, but chrome and not aggressive enough for the look I'm after. Is there a certain appearance you're looking to obtain? When you get an opportunity, fill out your UserCP with the details of your truck, then you won't get asked again and again.

Here's the chrome Westins

Once I get my new ones, I'll post for you. But I am looking at something similar to RBP's.

Hopefully I did that pic right

BTW, I am 5'3 and change. So I can offer you a little more insight into what might help your wife.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 HEMI V8 Big Horn
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:94
GsxrSoldier4 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to GsxrSoldier4

Check Mine out.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:20 AM

iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrSoldier4 View Post
Check Mine out.

Who is your manufacturer? What do you think of those bars? I am getting mine in on friday and can't wait to put my hands on them, then on my truck!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 AM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

They look really good, I like them a lot
Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 AM

ABC, good golly you've done a lot. I never noticed your mod list! Wow, I bet she is a beast! Nice truck. Back to our regularly scheduled program.....
So ABC, you're recommending Westins?

Last edited by iRESQu; 04-15-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:29 AM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

I like my Westin Platinum Series bars. They were on the truck when I bought it. I've never had any other kind, so my opinion isn't too helpful. I like the look of the ones you posted... I'm also a fan of the automatic step bars when you open the door, they're pretty sweet.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 HEMI V8 Big Horn
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:94
GsxrSoldier4 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to GsxrSoldier4

Aries I beleive, seriously, cant remmember ha sry, Let me check and ill let you kno
Old 04-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport- Off Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1930
wermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant future

I like my Hummer H2 nerf bars. They are lower than the regular ones for my truck.

I used to have a step stool, one step, for my wife to get in. Tied it to a string so she could pull it up when she got in and it fit right under the passenger seat.