DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

if you are worried about tossing wood in any bed, take an old sheet of plywood with you

the drop in liners are great until you pull them out & see all the rust & or stains, in between the metal & the plastic, from water & condensation
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

My opinion.............No question spray in liner. PERIOD.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: sport
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
M275sailor is on a distinguished road

Hey Murray, do those come in a kit, plans or do you just fab it up yourself? If so, do you have any good tips how to make it up?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I agree with most everyone else. Spray in is the way to go!

I believe that Rhino has an option for the "heavy duty" which is sprayed on a lil thicker than the "Standard duty". The one I had was warrantied for life against clipping, peeling, and general defects. The only issue I had was severe fading, which I was able to deal with.

I was told at the time that I had it (I've currently got a drop in, and I had a drop in, in the '08) that there was some sort of cleaning solution/ protectant that was made specifically for the Rhino that would help prevent the fading.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 04-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White/Sandstone
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
murray5p is on a distinguished road

M275sailor: I have been just buying them from Tidy Truck in Lloydminster Sask. they build them right there and install, they run around $400.00 installed.They are made of 3/4 in. good 1 side plywood and stained, at the fender wells they use a tin sheet so you still have the 4ft across. I bolt in what ever tie down eyes I need on the inside, as well they cut out the Manufactures tie down hooks that is usually in the wrong spot. I have found that it is the best protection for the box ,at Resale it is still new. Now go ahead and through fire wood and what ever, no dents,will hard rubberized paint hold up to that and stop accidental denting?

Last edited by murray5p; 04-16-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram / 5.7 HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn Addition
Color: Fire Metalic Red
Rep:9
jimbo is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing is with "SPRAY IN LINERS" is that they do not stop dents or tears in the metal from occurring, that's why I have a spray in liner under my "TuffGuard" plastic liner, it even covers the tail gate. I've seen some beds with spray in liners with massive dents and even one with a tear. The plastic liners protect the bed from getting those dents and tears.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White/Sandstone
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
murray5p is on a distinguished road

Im sure in the right climate the plastic liner would work but after freezing its very slippery and brittal if cold enough. Plastic Liner (cost $200.00?) Sprayin Liner (cost $400.00 ?) Just My 3 Cents
Old 04-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
NPHBOB is on a distinguished road

I have had two different drop-ins and both Line-X and Rhino. I will never own another truck with just the drop-in. After two years, when I took it out, the bed of the truck was rusted where the vibration of the liner had wore through the paint. Also, if you happen to climb into the bed when it is wet, you better hold on because they are very slippery. I was hauling several bags of sackrete and had to make a quick stop because an idiot pulled out in front of me. I thought the bags were going to come into the cab with me. It did bend the bulkhead at the front of the bed.

The Rhino seemed to be about the toughest of the liners I have had. It was also the least slippery. Things just seemed to sit in place almost regardless of how fast I might stop. Of course things didn't slide into the bed very easily either.

I have had the Line-X in my 2001 since it was new. I like the way it looks (has a better finish than the Rhino), but I don't think it is quite as tough. I have had a couple of nicks in the Line-X but never any in the Rhino. The good thing about both is they have a life-time warranty. The couple of nicks I got in the Line-X were on the tailgate. All I did was take it off, leave it with them one day and picked it back up the next. Respayed and it looked like new.

The spary-in's are more expensive, but if you are going to keep your truck and actually use it as a truck, then it is money well spent. It also helps when it comes to resale.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 06 2500 Megacab HEMI
Trim Level: slt
Color: inferno red
Redram is on a distinguished road

When my truck was a week old I sent it over and had a spray liner put in. I had to leave as I couldn't handle seeing the bed sanded so the liner would stick.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
NPHBOB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redram View Post
When my truck was a week old I sent it over and had a spray liner put in. I had to leave as I couldn't handle seeing the bed sanded so the liner would stick.
Yeah, I cringed the first time I had one installed to!