DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge RAM 1500 4WD
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
dkeith is on a distinguished road
Angry Anti-Lock Brake Wiring Problem

After being parked for 2+ hours my 2004 RAM1500 started smoking from under the hood. On opening the hood the smoking wires burst into flames, which I extinguished easily, but the wires were glowing red. Wires were in a connector hooked to a block mounted behind the battery on the fender well that had hydraulic lines connected - one from the brake master cylinder. I disconnected the battery nad let things cool. could not dislodge the connector from the block. Touched the battery cable to the battery and got no spark, so I hooked it back up. The wires did not reheat. I tried to start the truck and it started fine. Seems OK...except the Anti-Lock Brake and the brake light are both on. Where do I go from here. Have had the lights come on before, but theywould go off after a while. Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1885
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

First thing I'd do is try to locate the short that started the fire and determine why a fuse didnt blow. The burnt wiring should be replaced and the ABS scanned to see what codes are stored.