DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of
Default Damn weather!

well I got my Husky Liner Splash Guards in last night, but severe weather is forecasted until late tonight into tomorrow. (hope you're able to get through the yukky stuff Stacy).

So I've either got to wait until tomorrow, try to get 'em on between rain showers, or just suck it up and install 'em in the rain. I HATE trying to work in the rain!

I know that we need the rain, I just don't want it NOW!

sorry folks, I'm just complaining. I'll post some pics if I ever get the chance to get 'em installed

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2010, 08:01 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Do it in the rain, it'll make for great write-up pics and memories! My very first motorcycle ride was in a Tropical Storm that wasn't supposed to hit our area for another couple of hours! It'll be a bike ride I'll NEVER forget! Named my bike "Fayeth" (Faith) because the storm was called "Faye" and because of my Faith, she got me home!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I thought about it Paris, I really have. I just hate doing that type of stuff in the rain. I'll need to jack up the truck and remove the rear wheels to do the install. It's not exactly something I want to do decked out in rain gear (i.e. struggling with a jack, jack stands, lug wrench, wheel, etc not to mention the drill [if needed].

I'll admit it would be memorable, just not sure it's a memory that I want to have LOL. I too have ridden the bike in the rain (don't like that either, as it's slippery and more of a "dodge the idiots game" than usual)

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 04-24-2010, 08:38 AM

iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

I know. I am sorry Ex. Just being silly, hope I didn't bother you.
"Dodge the Idiots"......that was RIGHT ON!!! Very scary, especially in lightning.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:55 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold

Ex, Assuming the 2010 and the 2009 have the same configuration behind the rear wheels it's not necessary to remove them to install Husky Mud Flaps. While putting my Husky Flaps on last weekend I had an "ah-ha" moment. Get a nail the size of the screw, clamp it in some Vise-Grips, heat it red hot with a propane torch and use it to poke a hole where that innermost screw goes. You're going through two layers of plastic only so the hot nail works like a champ.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis
Old 04-24-2010, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: Blue
Rep:3934
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Ex, it has been forecast rain all week and all I have received was a few middle of the night brief down pours. Today it is steady rain. As long as our road doesn't turn into a mud bog I am good to go!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
Ex, it has been forecast rain all week and all I have received was a few middle of the night brief down pours. Today it is steady rain. As long as our road doesn't turn into a mud bog I am good to go!
Blue, why do you say "mud" like it's a bad thing?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: Blue
Rep:3934
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Well let's see.......Blue, while beautiful, isn't 4x4 or a truck! Mud does not look good on her!
Old 04-24-2010, 01:41 PM
erm

I was gonna wash the truck and the SRT today but, no, that's not gonna happen. Rain for the weekend...again...<sigh>
Old 04-24-2010, 01:49 PM

We had 2 Mopar meets today...cancelled, rain. Wonder how CrazyKim's Jam goup is doing today?