DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie Limited 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:53
Razor will become famous soon enough
Default Leer 700 & Bedrug

The dealer arranged both of these options within just a couple of days of picking up my new truck, otherwise I would have been checking in with the site sponsor vendors for these great mods.

BEDRUG: I was tempted to have the bed sprayed with a liner, but after quite a bit of research I decided to go with the Bedrug. It's durable enough to handle anything the spray on liners can, plus it won't scratch anything that travels back there which some spray liners have been known to do. The carpet is actually made from a similar plastic as the shell for vehicle batteries and is nearly indestructible. You can toss mulch, dirt, gravel, on it and then rinse it off without any problems. Another plus is you can take it with you to your next truck someday!

Leer 700: From the research I did, this cover came out tops (pun intended) in every category. I prefer the integrated locks with the vehicle to make this more of a "massive trunk for the RAM" so I don't have to deal with a key as I'm in that thing more than a couple of times a day. The hinges are strong enough to keep it from swaying left/right, and can even hold it in place in open position while driving (not high speeds above 60mph though). It comes off pretty easy too if absolutely necessary for large loads. This thing is absolutely water tight! We hammered it with a water hose and high pressure nozzle from several angles and ZERO water got inside. It also has a nice appearance that goes well with the RAM styling.

PRO TIP: "Removing the cover" - These covers are very sturdy and well designed to prevent water and the environment (or thieves) from entering the bed area to securely stow your gear and items (no passengers!), BUT they are not made to set down on the ground or the edges may crack under the stress. They are designed to be on the truck, so if you need to remove it, be sure to set it on something sturdy (like a pair of sawhorses) so the edges are not bearing the weight of the cover.

Options included with this cover:
  • A "wired" dome light (there is another option for a battery powered dome, but I would rather not have to change batteries)
  • The cover locks are integrated with the vehicle unlock/lock function (works with key fob as well as locking vehicle from inside the cab)

Links with the info for each (and I'm sure some of the great site sponsors/vendors have more info on them as well):

Leer 700

Bedrug

Here are some detailed pics of the Leer 700 Tonneau Cover and Bedrug:

Last edited by Razor; 04-26-2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 PM
erm

Yeah, I like that setup. Had a similar one on my GM diesel crewcab. And I've installed Leer toppers or tonneau covers on other trucks. It's good stuff!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

I like that setup a lot, very nice
Old 04-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4X4 Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:2453
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Nice very nice, can't wait to get mine on !
BT CC / Hood Kit, LED Tails, Recon 3rd Brake & Xtreme LightBar, Black Aluminum Side Steps, Leer 700, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, MOPAR Valve Caps, Lighted RAM hitch cover, Front Tow Hooks and Bed Post Hide-a-Hooks, Tints (20% frt, 35% rear and slider), Painted Engine Cover/Brake Calipers, K&N Drop in,OEM Fender Flares/ bug deflector, FM 40, SC Cortex, Oracle H11 LED Heads, 4000k Putco Fogs, LED Interior Lights, Honeycomb Grill, Bilstien 5100's.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3225
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

A very nice set up ya got there. Those bed rugs are growing on me... I just wonder how they are with mold growth if they don't dry properly and the added humidity with a toneau.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 crew cab
Trim Level: slt
Color: bright silver
Rep:22
red041500 is on a distinguished road

looks sharp !! i like the bed rugs but it would be trashed in a couple days in the back of my truck, i always manage to have a oily something rolling around back there. i actually have a rubber bed mat over my under the rail bed liner.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the write up and pics! Looks great.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White 2-tone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:172
CustomShirts has a spectacular aura aboutCustomShirts has a spectacular aura about

Your truck looks great! Does the carpet come standard on these types of covers or was that additional?

Thanx

- Tim
Old 04-26-2010, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Looks real nice . Rep for ya .
Old 04-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie Limited 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:53
Razor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomShirts View Post
Your truck looks great! Does the carpet come standard on these types of covers or was that additional?

Thanx

- Tim
Great question. I'm not sure if that comes standard on the cover or if they added it as part of the bedrug installation. I got them both at the same time and they do match the color between the liner on the cover and the rest of the bedrug, so I'm guessing it was added with the bedrug.

**UPDATED**

Well I did some searching and found some pics and diagrams where they show a headliner cover on inside of the Leer. So it looks like that comes standard, and it just happens to match the color of the bedrug I went with.

Last edited by Razor; 04-26-2010 at 11:17 PM.