DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
jpoil5 is on a distinguished road
Default 2010 Dodge Ram Problem

Hellow everyone. I am posting my problem on here to see if anyone else has experienced this same issue. About two weeks after I bought my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT it starting having an issue. The problem is about 1 to 2 seconds after the truck comes to a complete stop something underneath towards the rear of the truck bumps so hard that you feel it through the seats in your back. It also does this in reverse now more than ever. I have taken it back to Hunter Dodge in Lancaster CA twice. They said they did a recall and a quicklearn the first time and that fixed it. After that the problem was still there but not as much. The second time I brought it back they said they couldn't repeat the problem and told me I was just going to have to deal with the issue. Any thoughts???
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Spare tire loose perhaps?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Nope. Just checked and the spare tire is secured.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:10
BigBlueEdge is on a distinguished road

It is probably some type of misbehavior in the 545RFE transmission. We have the same transmission in our 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (with HEMI) and there are a few times I've had that same exact experience. Usually when I'm coming off the interstate and hitting the stoplight at the ramp is when it has happened. I have no idea why it happens or how to fix it.

Rob
Old 04-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

My '09 does the same thing, but, it is hardly noticeable.

I roll up to a STOP, gently pushing the brake pedal to stop at the Stop bar, the Ram stops rolling & then a second later i feel a very slight bump, it feels like the rear brakes had hung up & finally grabbed.
If i then release the brake pedal & let it roll say 2 feet & push in the pedal again, it sometimes does it a second time.
by the way, i hardly ever brake hard, except when someone or something causes me to
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mango-Tango
Rep:29
PSU is on a distinguished road

lol, Your going to think this is funny but I bet its your compartment cover behind the driver seat. You probably don't have it snapped down and have the seat up.

Mine was doing it yesterday and scared the crap out of me at a red light
Old 04-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Big Blue and GT,

Did you take your vehicle in to be repaired? I took mine in and the mechanic and service manager noticed it and said it was not supposed to be doing that. I have contacted Dodge headquarters and filed the vehicle complaint as requested by my local dealer. I have never had a bran new vehicle have any problems. I love my truck but this problem is making me question the quality of Dodge Trucks. One more question I have for everyone is gas mileage. I have the 32 gallon tank and I get exactly 400 miles to every tank before it is within 25 DTE. Does that seem right??
Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i believe when mine was under 2000 miles, it did the same thing. as i put more mileage on it I noticed that if i pulled off the highway & had been using cruise control, filled the tank & pulled right back onto the highway to continue my trip using cruise control again. sometimes i would see as much as 500 miles until empty on the dash readout. its just an approximate, you will notice that in hilly areas that it will drop & on the flats it may even climb. I just sort of go by it, if it reads 100 miles until empty, i pull into the closest station

I also have the larger tank & another 30 gallon auxiliary tank, I drive a lot, 600 - 800 miles some days
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:18
Cap10crch is on a distinguished road

The same thing is happening to mine, I think there is another thread on here with someone saying it's a bad torque converter? I'm going to let my service department know about it when I take it in to have my lift installed.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Cap10,

Can you help me find that thread on the tourque converter?? Is your truck a 2010 also?