DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2015 3500 Mega Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:60
Razor will become famous soon enough

I hate to hear this kind of situation. Get yor money back and then PM me and I'll hook you up with a dealer here. I know a family owned dealer here in Houston who can get whatever you are looking for (tons of RAM's here in Texas), and they'll usually price it $100 above invoice if the transfer isn't too challenging. You can fly direct from Newark to Houston and then drive it home with pride and a smile. Don't listen to the silly commercials, Texas gets along great with New York City! (I was there a few years myself before anchoring here for the last 16 years). Let me know if I can help.
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White 2-tone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:172
CustomShirts has a spectacular aura aboutCustomShirts has a spectacular aura about

Hey Razor... Thanks for the offer. If I have any issues... I will check out Dodge's site to see what they have available by you. Thanks for the offer to assist me if need be.

It would be goo dto get back to texas anyways.... last time I was there was in DFW for a single over-night stay for a business meeting. Did not get to see much of anything.

Thanks again and I will keep everyone posted!!

Tim
Old 05-01-2010, 01:21 PM
erm

Good luck, Tim!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:16 AM

CustomShirts has a spectacular aura aboutCustomShirts has a spectacular aura about

Thanx Michael.

Appreciate the support!!

- Tim
Old 05-04-2010, 12:21 PM

Default Update!!

So I waited until Monday as I said I would and my salesman called me and told me that they secured one of the trucks I found in PA. But he wanted to wait until the end of the day to see if the Distribution Manager was able to locate the truck in Detroit Inventory built the way I want it.

Today, Tues... I just got a call from my salesman telling me they do not have the truck with my build-out in inventory in Detroit and I am unable to order it. However, the are getting the truck they secured for me in PA on Thurs! I can take delivery on Friday or Saturday.

So what's the difference? I ordered a truck with a drop in bed-liner... but turns out I rather not have it. The Truck from PA does not have a bed-liner. so that worked out to my advantage. I will just have to find a local Spray liner installer.

As for the Bed Cover... Mopar does not make it in Bright White, so I either have to get stone white and have it re-painted... which Im not so crazy about, or the dealer offers Century Covers, which Im not so crazy about as I have not ready anything about them really on this forum. So I have to try to go and see what I can get off my truck price wise to help cover the cost of a Liner from Leer.

So I may have my truck by the weekend. So this is one of those deals where the dealer B.S. turned out to be the better for the customer.

I would have regretted the drop in liner based on all the info I red on the forumz and would have had that huge bulky thing sitting somewhere in my warehouse.

I will keep you all advised as to how this proceeds and better yet if I pick up on Friday or Saturday!!

Thank you all for your support.

- Tim

Last edited by CustomShirts; 05-04-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Sounds good man, keep us posted, I hope everything works out!!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1909
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I just spoke to our sales manager and he tells me that Dodge not taking orders right now "Is pure horse shit. You can order anything you want." He stated that delivery time is 6-8 weeks.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:03 PM

I checked with 2 other dealers both said they could not order now either? So maybe it depends on regional allocation? Whats in inventory waiting for shipping to the North East Dealers etc? I dont know. To be honest I dont care how I get my truck, just as long as I can get it... with the options I want and if I can get it this week rather then the 8-10 weeks or even 6-8 weeks... Im even happier.

It does amaze me that this day in age, that dealers are still or attempting to blow smoke up people's butts to sell a car. I have leased a great many vehicles in the past 15-18 years or so. And well awayr of the "Talk to my sales manager" or the "giving it to you at $500 above cost" games.

What does the internet have to do with the B.S. they pull? Knowing the internet has an effect, I think for most dealers it has a positive effect, and for those who do not employ the use of the internet close down. My favorite dodge dealer was Old Country Dodge in long Island. A 5-Star Dealer. Got 3 Durangos from them... and loved them so much I drve the 70 miles just to get my services from them.

Bit they closed down???? I dont get it. In 1998, when durangos first came out, they had the highest number of durangos sold in the tri-state area. How do you go from number 1 to number 0 and closing down? Internet? They never went online... and never wanted to deal with the internet customer.

I think a lot of the bigger city dealers feel internet is annoying and a hassle where most people just call or email for a price etc.

These dealers know what they all pay, and they know what their competition is doing. So why play the games and waste time and lose sales. Just keep the customer happy and make the sale. As long as their is profit... then you did good. Does it have to be a gross amount of profit? In my book selling something for a profit is PROFIT... and better then not selling anything at all. Or as I heard someone say once...

When you are hungry, a small bite of a sandwich is better then watching someone else eat and you have nothing at all.

Tim

Last edited by CustomShirts; 05-04-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:13 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1909
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I'm wondering about that regional thing myself. I'm not in sales or management, so I'm not privy to that sort of info.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

a friend of mine doesn't want to deal with sales persons, with the old line of 'I'll check with the sales manager to see if we can do that' BS
he buys his vehicles right over the internet, through the internet sales person, gets what he wants & at a lower price
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle