DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Rep:10
Grimminck11 is on a distinguished road
Default Mini maxx tuner

Just curious, I've been doing a ton of research online after talking to my buddy, I have come to the conclusion i REALLY want a 2500 and do the dpf delete I'm aware it's 12 and early, but being in school right now the money isn't there. So no cummins yet but I really want the hs mini maxx, my question will there still be mini maxx tuners dpf removal capable in like a year.? because I see them on a bunch of website who have them but all the forums say there tough to find. I don't want to buy used and would rather buy it early before truck then not be able to get them.
Oh and other question from 2010- 2011 the torque was increased anybody know how?
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

They are getting tougher to find however EFI Live for 4th gens is now out in beta testing and I'll bet there are a lot of guys that will be selling MiniMaxx's to go with EFI Live. There are already a number of them for sale on CumminsForum. So overall I think they'll be available however prices may end up going up even more... Only time will tell. There may be other options by then as well. As I mentioned EFI Live is one of them. Another may be Apex Tuning which is essentially the new H&S that's starting up in Canada. They may have products out by this time next year.

The 2011.5+ trucks are the high output ones that have the increased torque and a better torque converter to handle it. Once you tune a delete the trucks all end up in the same place anyway however the better torque converter is worth having as it will handle the extra power better.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 12-04-2014, 02:29 AM

So better off with 2012, good to know btw, ur truck is unreal, definitely inspiration for my future truck, which is better efi or hs?
Old 12-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Thank you sir!

It really depends on what you want to do with the truck. Personally I love how my truck is running and driving right now with my MiniMaxx and custom tuning. It's taken some time and effort to get it all where I want it. But I'd say it's really close to perfect now. For the average guy I'd say a MiniMaxx is going to work great.
The benefit to EFI Live is the datalogging that it can do. As things are changed on the truck you can run datalogging and send that back to the tuner and he can really see how the changes are affecting the truck. So essentially you can dial everything in better with less trial and error. This is all information that has just come out in the past week (EFI Live being released for 4th gens) so I don't know a whole lot about it yet. But it's definitely something I'll be keeping my eye on and learning more about as guys start to run it.

Personally I doubt I'll switch from my MiniMaxx to EFI Live. Cost obviously plays into that a bit but I also like a number of the other functions my MiniMaxx provides that an AutoCal (the unit used to tune the ECM with EFI Live) may/will not offer. One of the main things being the gauge display. Other options I like are the ability to turn off my DRL's, adjust my speedo to be correct with my 37's, transmission tuning (that's a huge one) etc. But again... once I find out more information about EFI Live my opinions on that may change. A year from now this may (and probably will) be a whole different conversation.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 12-05-2014, 08:56 AM

Ya the truck will be a daily driver it'll have a lift with tires (not sure what setup) occasional light towing, but have the ability to change tunes for safe use when say my gf or family use it. And by the sounds of it better mileage then my truck now