DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Put in the mopar cai

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  RamTex 
#1 ·
Got the mopar cai, holly cow that filters huge, anyway it looks cool, sounds awsome, mpg is a little better, but not sure about the power, I think I can tell some midrange improvement but actualy feels like I lost a little low end torque could just be me though. I think you can be fooled somtimes when it sounds louder you think your going faster. Overall pretty happy with it, I had to sell my 71 pick up so I used some of that money to buy the cai, helped the blues go away a little. I just put it in yesterday and am wondering if it takes a few days for the computor to make adjustments , anyone know

#5 ·
I paid 410 for it, I can't belive you got quoted 800 that's crazy,

#6 ·
#7 ·
Yep that's the one as far as I know mopar only makes one style for the 09s, got it at colorado springs dodge, on austin bluffs parkway

#9 ·
I am surprised they quoted you that high man! They should all be priced around the same even between Canadian and US dealers. RansaRAM maybe I can help you out, I know the manager at a dealer (Ontario Chrysler) and maybe he can set you up! The guy you went to must be scamming you thats way too much!

Congrats on the new mod man! Glad to hear that you are happy with it!

#10 ·
I called the guy at Islington Chrysler and the parts guy said 810 with that part number. I know the owners Son and I was able to get a quote for their cost which was 620 (I think). Still way too much IMO. If you could call Ontario Chrysler and see what they say for that part number I would be interested in finding out.

#11 · (Edited)
#12 ·
I dunno if you're set on Mopar or not RansRAM, but from what I understand, AEM makes the Mopar kit, and you can get the AEM Brute Force here http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Dodge/Ram_1500/AEM_Air/Cold_Air_Intake/2009/Sport/8_Cyl_5-dot-7L/A18218222DC.html?tlc=Engine+%26+Drivetrain for $308, free shipping in Canada.
Hey, thanks for that tip. The 2009 should fit the 2010 right ? I switched to 2010 and all I got was the universal ones. Also, sure about free shipping to Canada ? I could only enter a US address. Anyway that one would work if I could somehow get it shipped for that price. Thanks !!!! :smileup:

#16 ·
Just got home and was able to check my paper work and yes part #77070023 same as the one in that link , I would make some calls, no way I would pay that much. I even thought 410 was high, but did it anyway

#19 ·
Thanks, that link works. Cheapest shipping charge to my address is $21.00 so total would be 327.30 USD. Not bad I might consider that one. Have you purchased anything for that site? Thanks for the link, they have lots of other stuff as well. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#20 ·
Got mine for 382 installed, and the mopar cat back 1135 installed, here in Texas. Did mine CAI first, with my 35" tires, so did not notice any gain, but after the Exhaust was installed, it made a match made in heaven. The exhaust made a 10% + in better MPG. I have 392 gear with 325/60/20 BFG tires, i think i can get about 15mpg on the freeway. Still testing, just got them two weeks ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.